Brown Deer Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Brown Deer, WI. It has 812 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Brown Deer Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+84 Students
- A+75 Students
- A43 Students
- B36 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B23 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Brown Deer Middle/High School
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 218 reviews
- B+South High School
- Waukesha School District, WI
- 145 reviews
- BSaint Francis High School
- Saint Francis School District, WI
- 55 reviews
- B-Cudahy High School
- Cudahy School District, WI
- 95 reviews
Brown Deer Middle/High School Reviews
There are so many great teachers that I love! They are fun to talk to outside of class and in the hall ways. Because Brown Deer is so small, every teacher knows just about every student. Conversations are easy to start with the teachers. However, there is one teacher on my mind right now that is very insensitive to student's personal lives and problems. She doesn't seem to have much sympathy for her students. Other than that, the teachers are awesome. You can always find them outside of class and after school for help. During our HIP periods, there is a math and writing workshop where you can go to get extra help if you need it.
Overall, Brown Deer is welcoming and accepting of everyone. Most students don't perform very well academically and seem not to care, but there are some who truly care and are high achievers. Too bad the academics are taught on a lower level than many other high schools. So many amazing teachers recently left, including the entire English department, so there are many new teachers who aren't quite acclimated to the district and the students quite yet. Many teachers are very committed to their students though. Good school but not the best.
Brown Deer High school excels in diversity amongst students and teachers. We all are for the most part accepting of each other. The school's academics are okay but could definitely be improved. The majority of the teachers who truly cared for the students have been fired and a lot of the replacements are new out of college teachers. I am not saying there arent still teachers who truly love the students and care for their wellbeings because there are. These individuals are who make the school shine.