Brown Deer Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Brown Deer, WI. It has 780 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Brown Deer Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+85 Students
- A+77 Students
- A43 Students
- B36 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-27 Students
- B24 Students
- B+19 Students
- B-19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Brown Deer Middle/High School
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 221 reviews
- B+South High School
- Waukesha School District, WI
- 147 reviews
- BSaint Francis High School
- Saint Francis School District, WI
- 57 reviews
- B-Cudahy High School
- Cudahy School District, WI
- 96 reviews
Brown Deer Middle/High School Reviews
While I attended Brown Deer all of my life and have nothing to compare it to in experience. The overall time spent was used very poorly due to administration and the unfairness of policies. The administration adapts to putting in policies without notifying students and their families. If done so, the accommodation of the students needs and wants are disregarded as immature and rude. As well as the control over faculty is also absurd, because of the fact of restrictions and evaluations. In which decreasing the care for teachers caring for the students, and rather their job status. Then, the use of time at Brown Deer school is not used to the best it can be. Due to having a difficult schedule throughout the grade levels, and wasting time intervals throughout the day because of the restrictions of when teachers can assist students.
What I liked about Brown Deer Middle/High school was that they had some innovative, fun teachers that allowed us to be more like ourselves, and helped up grow as individuals. However, there were also teachers that seemed as though they didn't know what they were doing, nor did it feel like they understood their student's struggles. Another thing I like was that they had creative classes, such as creative writing and graphic design. But at the same time, Brown Deer didn't have a lot of money and had to cut back some programs that some other schools have, such as culinary classes.
Brown Deer High School is a very ethnically diverse school that allows students to be exposed to a multitude of different cultures and become more than comfortable with diversity. Many of the teachers are excellent and go out of their way to create an individualized learning experience while keeping parents updated on their child. All in all, it's an excellent school to find good character, many students represent the positive envirorment that is Brown Deer High School.