Brown City High School is a public school located in Brown City, MI. It has 439 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Brown City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- B28 Students
- B23 Students
- B+20 Students
- A19 Students
- C+19 Students
- B16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Brown City High School
- CCapac High School
- Capac Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- C+Yale Senior High School
- Yale Public Schools, MI
- 141 reviews
- C+Marlette Junior/Senior High School
- Marlette Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- C+Kingston High School
- Kingston Community School District, MI
- 58 reviews
Brown City High School Reviews
It was okay, Its nothing special. Okay sports, prison like food, teachers are lazy. Its clean though, decent students, parents can be a bit interesting sometimes
At Brown City High school everyone interacts with one another. All of the staff is involved with every student. I feel as if I can trust any teacher with anything I have to say. They are here to help us achieve our long term goals, and work towards our dreams. They give us the knowledge we need in order to succeed in the real world. One thing I would like to see change is the way some of the students disrespect staff when all they are trying to do is give us an education and better us.
There are a lot of opportunities in this school. There are sports, like baseball and track, clubs, like Book Club and Quiz Bowl, and other activities, such as National Honor Society and Prom Committee. You can also attend the Sanilac Career Center in your 11th and 12th grade years. Over the past few years a lot of clubs have been started, for example a friend and I started a book club. With these clubs, there has been a lot of administrative support with them. Teachers help out when they can and when a student becomes committed to an activity they mostly stick with it.