Broward Virtual School
- Public, Online
- COCONUT CREEK, FL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade unavailable
- Health & Safetygrade unavailable
- Administrationgrade A+
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade unavailable
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Broward Virtual School is a highly rated, public, online school located in COCONUT CREEK, FL. It has 425 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Broward Virtual School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A64 Students
- grade B+62 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade C46 Students
- grade A minus45 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade B+44 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Writing and Math workshops60%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Schools like Broward Virtual School
- grade A minusPalm Beach Virtual School
- Online School
- Palm Beach County School District, FL
- Rating 4.14 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade A minusOrange County Virtual School
- Online School
- Orange County Public Schools, FL
- Rating 4.25 out of 5 12 reviews
- grade A minusBrevard Virtual School
- Online School
- Brevard Public Schools, FL
- Rating 4.3 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade BSarasota Virtual School
- Online School
- Sarasota County Schools, FL
- Rating 4.75 out of 5 4 reviews
Broward Virtual School Reviews
Rating 4.15 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience with this school has been amazing. I've always been a flexible person and the rigid structure from public school made it difficult for me to do good in classes. Ever since I started Broward Virtual school, I have been getting 80% or higher in my classes, and being independent made me learn how to structure my life unlike how some public schools don't. The faculty is also a plus! They are patient, understanding of everybody's situation and they are always there to help you. However, virtual school isn't for everybody. You have to learn how to plan out your week or sometimes your whole month (rarely though...)! If you are too flexible and aren't willing to put a little time into planning your schoolwork, that can be a severe downfall for you and straining for your teachers. I would recommend this school to people who like the flexibility but have the capability in being organized.
My experience with Broward Virtual School is beyond incredible. I transferred from traditional public school to online school in 8th grade. I am currently going to be a Junior, and I can only say positive things about this school. The classes are taken through FLVS, creating for a flexible and easy to understand the system. Though I will say, classes tend to be more difficult than traditional school because you need to read the lessons and do more lessons and quizzes, in the end, it is worth it. The teachers are extremely helpful and are always a phone call or text away. The school has allowed me to take honors and AP classes and has given me the option to take dual enrollment classes. Whenever there is an EOC or AP Exam, the teachers make a plan months before the exam to provide you with practice, supplementary material, and even meet up at the school for seminars almost every month. The staff is very welcoming. Overall I recommend this school for anyone considering online school.
I like everything about Broward Virtual School! It is the best school, and the way the teachers communicate with the students is amazing. They speak with so much respect and they always help you no matter how silly your question might be. Since it is fully online, the teacher have specific times where you can contact them, and if you don't understand something, the schedule a call with you, or on zoom, and then they help you through it. I would not change ANYTHING about BVS because I think it is perfect the way it is! The way the teachers support the students is phenomenal!! I would totally recommend this school.