Brookwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+512 Students
- B+321 Students
- A+226 Students
- B-214 Students
- A-171 Students
- A+167 Students
- C+144 Students
- A+113 Students
- B+98 Students
- A-95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.88 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.88 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.106 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.141 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.156 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.156 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.156 responses
Brookwood High School Reviews
Review Brookwood High School
My daughter has really liked most all of her teachers. They have connected with her and encouraged her. She got involved with Mu Alpha Theta because of her favorite math teacher. She really enjoyed her Spanish Classes I, II, III and has enjoyed BETA. She split her schedule in 11th and 12th between GraysonTech and has enjoyed taking Photography I and II and Culinary Arts. She has excelled at Photoshop and we plan to take the certification exam after she completes her senior year. She as completed her ServSafe certification requirements and exam. She enjoyed playing soccer her sophomore year and received a Scholar Athlete award. She was injured with a concussion and started having issues with exercise induced asthma so we have sat out the Jr/Sr year of soccer must to her dismay. But that is how she discovered photography and culinary arts! She is involved with NCCLS and SkillsUSA! We love Brookwood and Grayson!
They have very high expectations. They really want to keep their image of being one of the top schools in Georgia. This maybe why the Principal is a fun police! Most students felt the school was safe while atteding. There are a few teachers that really care for the students education.The school has issues with discrimination that is swept under the rug. The rules are different for a white student vs a black student. They offer a lot of different clubs and sports activities, but It's hard be successful in sports at Brookwood High School if you are a black student. One would have to be 20 times better than the white student to make the team. Other than football, most of their teams are not selected by talent. The teams are selected by who is friends with who, who is related to who and who can donate the most to the booster clubs.
I have been attending Brookwood High School since August, 2013 and have had excellent educational and subjective experiences there over the course of my high school career. The entire school strives for excellence, dedication to studies and hard work to achieve good grades. Since Brookwood is one of the top schools in Georgia, many of my peers have marvelous grades and genuinely care about their academic performances and achievements. The school also has many events and clubs where you can engage in activities with other people that share your interests. I am also currently a dual enrollment student (take college classes while earning both high school and college credits) at Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, Georgia and my previous classes have helped tremendously in my getting As in my courses at the college. The teachers and the administration really want to see you succeed and move on to a beneficial place after graduation from high school.