Brookline High School is a top rated, public school located in Brookline, MA. It has 1,944 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Brookline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A303 Students
- A+279 Students
- A+209 Students
- A+190 Students
- A+165 Students
- A+156 Students
- A+146 Students
- A+139 Students
- A-124 Students
- A+101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Brookline High School Reviews
BHS has been a great school, but still has its issues. The culture has allowed students to speak out against issues that are important to them and the school. The current headmaster truly listens to students concerns and knows everyones name! The rigorous workload has prepared me for the work to come later in my life, but can also be over kill especially when it is busy work. Teachers should focus less on giving an assignment, but focus on an assignment that really has meaning.
Brookline High School is a diverse and welcoming community. Everyone is willing to help, especially the adults and some of the upperclassmen who are Junior Mentors or Junior Ambassadors (who help freshman and international/new students). Not only is the community diverse but the classes and electives that are offered vary as well from metals to drama to marine biology. BHS also stays in touch with the Brookline community through the Sagamore, an independent student newspaper. On the whole, it is a tightknit community that comes together during tough times and celebrates together during good times.
Let me me start off by saying Brookline Highschool has the best Principal,and best head of deans. These two are the only thing that makes the school run some what smoothly. But bullying, fighting are always happening. The other teachers seem to be more focused on themselves and sweeping problems under the rug then mediation and fixing them the beat the can. In my 4 years at the school, every problem that arrized social workers didn’t try there best to help. Worst of all the Special Ed teachers were rude; and hurtfull to their kids and treated them as if there not human beings. They definitely need more classes on being better with the Kids