Brookfield High School is a public school located in Brookfield, OH. It has 295 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Brookfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-62 Students
- B40 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+18 Students
- B13 Students
- B10 Students
- A9 Students
- B9 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Brookfield High School
- BMineral Ridge High School
- Weathersfield Local School District, OH
- 64 reviews
- B-Lowellville High School
- Lowellville Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- BLaBrae High School
- LaBrae Local School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- B-Mathews High School
- Mathews Local School District, OH
- 17 reviews
Brookfield High School Reviews
I feel that Brookfield High School has a lot of room for improvement. My school has the potential to be great but there is not much effort going in to academics. There are many wonderful teachers at Brookfield but there are definitely more than a few who lack expectations. Nothing is done about bullying and the school focuses more on tests, like the ACT and SAT, and athletics, than they do on students mental health and well being. There are many drugs that go around the school and I once saw a drug deal in the cafeteria. Numerous students are friendly and kind to each other but others are very cruel to there peers around them. Thus, Brookfield has the ability to be a fantastic school but the school board fails to excel.
The teachers who have been around for a while are generally okay. The math department only has one effective teacher, and he seems to never get enough credit from the school's administration as they have stuck him with lower math classes in the past. The new English teacher has no idea what she's doing. Mrs. Laury, Mr. Klein, Mr. Stone, and Mr. Reinsel are the only core subject teachers I have had that have been impressive in the classroom. Otherwise, the teachers would be average. Mr. Wright is the best, though.
My overall experience with this school is great. This school is unique because it is fairly small in size so everyone knew everyone. This had its pros and cons because everyone was friends but at the same time, everyone knew everything about everyone. Every one was very accepting of new students and there was not very many problems with bullying. I would do it all over again because mostly everyone got along which in my opinion is really rare in a high school.