Brookfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brookfield, CT. It has 880 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Brookfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- B-124 Students
- B+84 Students
- A+61 Students
- B55 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-50 Students
- B48 Students
- A48 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Brookfield High School
- B+Oxford High School
- Oxford School District, CT
- 143 reviews
- B+Pawling High School
- Pawling Central School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- A-Nonnewaug High School
- Regional School District No. 14, CT
- 164 reviews
- B+New Fairfield High School
- New Fairfield School District, CT
- 126 reviews
Brookfield High School Reviews
BHS is a good school with caring teachers who teach well and counselors and staff who want you to be safe and and will do anything they can to help you. Some students are a bit snobby, though -- it's a school of cliques. And hallways are too small, therefore they get crowded fast during passing time. Other than that, it's a great school. I really like spirit week and how encouraging we all are on football games. Full of clubs and sports to join as well.
Brookfield High School is packed with teachers and administrators who truly care about students. There are many extra-curricular opportunities for students as well, in sports, visual and performing arts, and countless volunteer organizations like Big Brother Big Sister, Best Buddies, and Key Club. The community spirit at Brookfield High School is very strong, and helps ensure all students feel connected and important at the school.
Brookfield high school is unique. School spirit makes it fun, but the administration tries to constrain everyone to act in a robotic way. They do not offer enough challenging programs or classes. The clubs are basically non existent and they do not prepare you for college.