Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Brookfield East High School is a top rated, public school located in Brookfield, WI. It has 1,298 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Brookfield East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+224 Students
- A123 Students
- B112 Students
- A-65 Students
- B41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-34 Students
- A32 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Brookfield East High School
- A+Brookfield Central High School
- Elmbrook School District, WI
- 167 reviews
- A+Whitefish Bay High School
- Whitefish Bay School District, WI
- 183 reviews
- A+Homestead High School
- Mequon-Thiensville School District, WI
- 266 reviews
- A+Cedarburg High School
- Cedarburg School District, WI
- 236 reviews
Brookfield East High School Reviews
The teachers at Brookfield East are all incredibly dedicated to their students and their students' success, emotional well being, and opportunities. Brookfield East is invested in ensuring their students' health during this pandemic, but also ensuring that students still receive the best education possible and still have lots of safe opportunities in extra curriculars. Brookfield East could be better at supporting the arts as they currently get no funding from the district and are suffering because of it. The school does not have it's own auditorium, but completely redid a somewhat new football field for 5 million dollars.
The school district as a whole is pretty good, but there’s definitely a lot of gaps to fill. A lot of different courses are offered, and funding for early college courses is provided as well. However, too much money is spend on sports as opposed to books or updating educational programs. In my statistics class, the books are very old and from 2002, whereas we are getting a new turf football field this year. While I understand that the programs the bring in the most money are rewarded better, it seems unfair educationally do to this. Overall, Brookfield East is a great high school, and is up to par with schools like Brookfield Academy.
The teachers at East seem to really care about students and want them to be successful. Overall, East has a great athletic program, and the lunches are good too. There is also a wide variety of extracurricular available to students, along with a lot of AP courses.