Bronxville High School is a top rated, public school located in Bronxville, NY. It has 353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Bronxville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Bronxville High School
- A+Byram Hills High School
- Byram Hills Central School District, NY
- 106 reviews
- A+Horace Greeley High School
- Chappaqua Central School District, NY
- 101 reviews
- A+Briarcliff High School
- Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 59 reviews
Bronxville High School Reviews
I have been going to Bronxville for 12 years and although it is an extremely competitive environment, teachers are so helpful and it is all super manageable. The social life in Bronxville is super fun and seeing all the comments about drinking and drugs makes me sad because that is not necessarily true and honestly most high schools have more drinking and drugs than we do. Bronxville is so unique and it's such a great school! There's something there for everyone whether it is sports or the arts (which have become much more prominent in student life).
Some of the teachers are super great, but most could improve. Also, the school is rigged for you to succeed. They constantly bump up grades where it is not deserved just so they will look good. That being said, I feel that I have gotten a very good education for the last 12 years in the Bronxville School System. However, the fact that the town is so small makes it a little bit harder to be fully prepared for life post-high school. At the same time, though, being in a smaller town and a smaller school makes a lot of things easier such as being close with your teachers and knowing everyone in your grade.
Bronxville High School is one of the top schools of New York and you are most likely going to have great teachers. There are a some teachers truly love or hate, but that is the situation with any person really. Going after school to talk to teachers show that you care and will encourage you to do better. Guidance counselors and teachers are there for you as long as you speak up and tell them any issues you are having. They want to see you succeed as long as you put the effort into it. The school usually automatically puts you in an honors class and there are many AP classes to choose from. There are many clubs, sports, extracurriculars and classes to make your college application look great.