Bronx High School of Science Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+600 Students
- A+517 Students
- A+477 Students
- A-407 Students
- A-329 Students
- A+299 Students
- A+280 Students
- A+241 Students
- A+226 Students
- A+204 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.69 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.69 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 216 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.74 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.112 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.119 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.119 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.119 responses
Schools like Bronx High School of Science
- A+High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- New York City Geographic District No. 10, NY
- 92 reviews
- A+Brooklyn Technical High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 13, NY
- 1,530 reviews
- A+Townsend Harris High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 25, NY
- 478 reviews
- A+Stuyvesant High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 2, NY
- 803 reviews
Bronx High School of Science Reviews
Review Bronx High School of Science
I absolutely love my school! The workload is demanding and engaging, and the extracurriculars are beyond compare. It's a challenge but the community and teachers help me at every turn! Everyone here has something about which they're passionate about, and you have so many opportunities to find your own passion. We are the only high school in NYC with our own campus, and it's really an added bonus. We have a very open and accepting community, and there are so many resources available to me. I've learned so much about time management and acquired skills that I will use in college and beyond.
Bronx Science is an amazing school! I love that there are so many courses offered here for students of all paths. The arts are a bit lacking as most courses here are geared towards the sciences. Most teachers are experts in their field- they earned their position in Bronx Science and know a lot about their subjects which make for a rich, info-packed class. The commute here is long, but it really depends on where you live. That being said, it can be a bit of an issue when you're involved in a lot of clubs and/or sports. Lastly, I think the school spirit is great. Most people are nice and it's very easy to make friends. I've never had an issue with bullying or racism, as this school is very diverse and relatively safe. Depending on the classes one takes, the homework given may be a bit staggering but it's important to know that time management is key. All in all, I feel that Bronx Science truly prepares you for college.
The Bronx High School of Science is definitely an exceptional school that makes you feel like you fit in, no matter what your interests are. Teachers vary in personality but most are very supportive and approachable. From the lunch ladies to the deans, everyone is very friendly. Bronx Science offers a wide array of over 100+ clubs and if you don't see a club you like, you can make one! Classroom environment is very engaging with a emphasis on group work. Highly recommend any prospective students to come to Bronx Science.