Brodhead High School is an above average, public school located in Brodhead, WI. It has 333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Brodhead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+43 Students
- B+28 Students
- B24 Students
- B21 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B20 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Brodhead High School
- B-Parkview High School
- Parkview School District, WI
- 34 reviews
- BDurand High School
- Durand Community Unit School District No. 322, IL
- 25 reviews
- B+Evansville High School
- Evansville Community School District, WI
- 65 reviews
- BDakota Junior/Senior High School
- Dakota Community Unit School District No. 201, IL
- 75 reviews
Brodhead High School Reviews
The school is too athlete focused. There is very little diversity or inclusion, bullying is pretty obviously a problem (even among staff members), but if you have the right last name, you'll excel at this school. The budget is very low, and when there is money available, it gets spent on silly things like a new lawn mower. The food is terrible and expensive. Some of the staff members are wonderful and helpful people, though.
There is a wide selection of different classes available, and an amazing guidance counsellor to help students select the right classes for their future. As Brodhead is a very small town, diversity is very lacking. We don't have many clubs, but the band is very active. I feel as if the science classes prepare students for college better than the english classes do, as the english program is lenient. Safety wise, the school locks all of the doors during school hours, and the only way in is through an intercom call to the office. The campus is very nice, but the food is lacking. The science classes don't have much of a budget.
I love how nice the students and staff are. Brodhead is a great community for kids who have been bullied previously or who struggle to fit in. It is a small school, but not too small. There's around 90 kids/grade. It's easy to get involved in sports, clubs, and other extracurricular activities. Band is a favorite and Brodhead High School, with Jason Riesterer from the University of Wisconsin Band. Don't hesitate to enroll to this school... I have had the best 2 years of my life here!