grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Brockway, PA. It has 440 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+38 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
- grade C+18 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Varsity b show and all athletic games100%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,895 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusSt. Marys Area Senior High School
- Saint Marys Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade C+Brookville Junior/Senior High School
- Brookville Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade B minusRidgway Area High School
- Ridgway Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 58 reviews
- grade BDuBois Area Senior High School
- DuBois Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 191 reviews
Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 30 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Brockway is a very small school, so you are able to connect with the teachers and students well. Class sizes are no more than 25 students, which provides for one on one help from teachers. Most teachers are readily available when you may have any questions. On the downside however, the guidance counselors aren't as readily available as they should be. Also, the administration pushes STEM and college classes that are not beneficial to the college carrier. Anyone who is not interested in a STEM carrier is often left out.
I have had so good and bad times but every time it has got worked out. I enjoy going to the Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School. I can not think of any changes I would like to have.
The majority of the teachers I have dealt with at Brockway Area High School have been friendly, consistent in their grading, and very capable of teaching in an engaging fashion. There are plenty of tutoring opportunities available after school, and most teachers are more than willing to incorporate time into their daily schedules as well whenever needed. I would say the largest shortcoming is in some of the teachers' abilities to control a classroom. I understand that some students simply do not want to be taught, but there is a clear difference between teachers who are respected and those who are not. In addition, there are teachers who are rather outdated in their teaching methods, in terms of incorporating technology and innovation.