Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Brockway, PA. It has 436 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+20 Students
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
- C+10 Students
- B10 Students
- A10 Students
- C+9 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School
- C+St. Marys Area Senior High School
- Saint Marys Area School District, PA
- 26 reviews
- C+Brookville Junior/Senior High School
- Brookville Area School District, PA
- 53 reviews
- BRidgway Area High School
- Ridgway Area School District, PA
- 56 reviews
- B+DuBois Area Senior High School
- DuBois Area School District, PA
- 181 reviews
Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The majority of the teachers I have dealt with at Brockway Area High School have been friendly, consistent in their grading, and very capable of teaching in an engaging fashion. There are plenty of tutoring opportunities available after school, and most teachers are more than willing to incorporate time into their daily schedules as well whenever needed. I would say the largest shortcoming is in some of the teachers' abilities to control a classroom. I understand that some students simply do not want to be taught, but there is a clear difference between teachers who are respected and those who are not. In addition, there are teachers who are rather outdated in their teaching methods, in terms of incorporating technology and innovation.
The extracurricular activities at Brockway Area High School are decent; there are plenty of different clubs and organizations, and they are easy to join. The teachers are very involved as well. However, there tend to be only a few students who are greatly active in the club, and there is little group effort. As a smaller school, we tend to struggle with stretching ourselves too thin. Everyone tries to participate in everything, and in the end they end up accomplishing less. In addition, there is little school funding for extracurricular activities aside from sports. The majority of the money comes from the students and their fundraising, which in a small town becomes difficult when every club is trying to sell food and clothing all at once.
There are a lot of sports to get involved but also other clubs and activities. The clubs have the opportunity to raise money at the sporting events and the community is very involved in the activities. Besides the sporting events, there are musical and other theatrical productions that students can get involved with.