Broad Ripple Magnet High School for the Arts & Humanities No. 717 is a public, magnet school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 604 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A126 Students
- B-101 Students
- B+100 Students
- B78 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-49 Students
- C+45 Students
- B27 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Broad Ripple Magnet High School for the Arts & Humanities No. 717 Reviews
Alright, so allow me to be frank with you for this quick second. OK, so this school, this Broad Ripple High School for Arts and Humanities was seen to me the ultimate for of performing and showing off my talents. I assumed that when I walked into the building everything would be like Glee! or High School Musical and though things weren't as similar I got even better opportunities. Opportunities which include joining into a program called Upward Bound (1st gen college prep program) which has allowed me to become the leader that i am today along with travelling around to different states. I also have gotten the opportunities to join another program known as Center for Leadership Development, sing all over the city, and just meet a lot of wonderful people.
I have been attending Broad Ripple since the 7th grade, and I can tell you that in spite of recent changes, it was an overall good experience. I am now a senior and will be attending Herron School of Art & Design at IUPUI this fall. This school has been a benefactor in the improvement of my artistic skills. The "artsy" environment of the school, as well as the community surrounding it, was a source of inspiration for me. The Visual Arts magnet was very welcoming. Administration cared about the education of the students, and constantly encouraged them to do their best. Not to say that doesn't remain, however, I feel that newer administration don’t care as much. It seems that students have become less motivated to work hard, but I have spotted potential in many of them. Broad Ripple Magnet High School is the place to leave with a legacy following behind you. Certain teachers made it their priority to push the students. I give this school a good 8.5/10.
I like that we’re a performing arts schooling meaning we get to express ourselves in many ways. We’re always doing something creative. Even in academic classes we’re ask to think outside the box and be creative. Broad Ripple was also great for keeping everybody on track with their grades. We got progress reports more than 6 times during the school year.