Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Bristol Central High School is an above average, public school located in Bristol, CT. It has 1,153 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Bristol Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A181 Students
- grade B minus174 Students
- grade B minus92 Students
- grade B minus85 Students
- grade B77 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responses
- Basketball Games26%
- Festivus and pep rally26%
- Football games25%
- Spirit Week7%
- Marching band4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,651 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Schools like Bristol Central High School
- grade BBristol Eastern High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 232 reviews
- grade B+Newington High School
- Newington School District, CT
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 206 reviews
- grade B+Wethersfield High School
- Wethersfield School District, CT
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 205 reviews
- grade B+Middletown High School
- Middletown School District, CT
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 263 reviews
Bristol Central High School Reviews
Rating 4.14 out of 5 158 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
BCHS is my family. When I'm there, I'm home. The teachers, the administration, and the students are those whom I look forward to seeing most in life. My years there have been instrumental in finding myself and setting me on a successful career path. There are so many opportunities to excel with many AP and UConn ECE courses offered by brilliant teachers. The diverse student body truly makes the community even closer knit. There are countless ways to get involved with more extracurricular sports and clubs than you can think of led by determined teachers. I wouldn't trade my years at BC for the world. Couldn't be prouder of my alma mater! Stay ram strong!
Bristol Central has provided me with an incredible high school experience. The teachers are caring and considerate, and understand the significance of making sure that their students are educated. I've been able to develop strong bonds with my teachers as well. The atmosphere of Bristol Central is always positive, and spreads an everlasting message of kindness and friendliness. Bristol Central has prepared me thoroughly for the challenges of my life outside of high school, including college, and providing me with important life skills such as communication, commitment, responsibility and collaboration.
One thing that I particularly like about Bristol Central High School is that teachers and administrators make our school feel like a community. Administrators are always on top of any issues brought to their attention right away, in order to keep the community at school safe. Teachers are understanding and flexible towards students when need be, and are passionate about properly preparing students for a college-ready future. Sports are the highlight of our school, where it is not uncommon to hear about our sports programs receiving awards/reaching achievements for their success. It's also not uncommon to hear about student athletes receiving scholarships to continue their athletics in college programs. Lastly, the counseling office continuously updates student when new scholarships are available, when there are new job opportunities in the area, and when there are new volunteer opportunities in the area.