Bristol Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bristol, CT. It has 1,147 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Bristol Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A150 Students
- B136 Students
- B-73 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B44 Students
- B41 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Bristol Central High School
- BBristol Eastern High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- 218 reviews
- B+Newington High School
- Newington School District, CT
- 187 reviews
- A-Wethersfield High School
- Wethersfield School District, CT
- 184 reviews
- B+Middletown High School
- Middletown School District, CT
- 242 reviews
Bristol Central High School Reviews
Bristol Central was a very sports related school, the teachers and administration truly recognized student athletes. This is a very negative atmosphere for those who are not involved in any sports. Without playing sports you would not be recognized for anything. This I would love to see change, not only to benefit those who do not participate in athletics but to better the school atmosphere. Bristol Central also needs to find more ways to involve parents in their child’s school life, for example they could host activities where all family and friends could join with the student to participate. Bristol Central has good qualities as well, they provide a safe environment for students to learn comfortably and confidently. Students do not fail out very often at Bristol Central, they are pished to success and helped throughout the entire process.
What I really liked about Bristol Central was the sports. I was involved in track and field. We didn't normally call each other a team, we were a family. Everybody supported each other as family would. The team motto was "Family". What I would like to see change at Bristol Central is the amount of effort that is put into helping students get ready for college. I felt as if there wasn't very much help in preparing us for college. I was lucky enough to be in a program called AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination). Throughout my four years of high school I was prepped for life in college. We were taught a better way to take notes, how to manage our time for our classes, how to stay organized, etc. Prior to starting high school only a handful of students were chosen to be in the program. I feel that if there was a better way for students to have the experience I had, then there will be more students ready for/ going to college.
At Bristol Central, the teachers want to see their students do their best. They help put in effort to show us students what we need to be prepared for college. They want us to succeed and make sure we understand the content of what we are learning. The teachers and staff are all friendly and kind. They push us when needed and do an amazing job teaching. Our principal Mr. Wininger does an amazing job making sure his students and faculty are getting the best experience here.