Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Brighton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brighton, MI. It has 2,079 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Brighton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A564 Students
- grade A+361 Students
- grade B+294 Students
- grade B minus274 Students
- grade B+260 Students
- grade B231 Students
- grade B142 Students
- grade B minus117 Students
- grade B+116 Students
- grade A113 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responses
- Homecoming week19%
- Homecoming Assembly19%
- The Musical15%
- Christmas Assembly7%
- Marching band7%
- Senior Serve7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,002 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 50 responses
Schools like Brighton High School
- grade C+Bridge Alternative High School
- Brighton Area Schools, MI
- grade ADexter High School
- Dexter Community School District, MI
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade A minusHartland High School
- Hartland Consolidated Schools, MI
- Rating 4.1 out of 5 364 reviews
- grade AWalled Lake Northern High School
- Walled Lake Consolidated Schools, MI
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 269 reviews
Brighton High School Reviews
Rating 4.04 out of 5 287 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Brighton High School is a great school. I had fun while learning my four years there. My most favorite classes were English, Digital Art and Math. I’m grateful for the classes I took there because I think most of them teach you about life. For example: I took a math class in my last year there; I learned so many things like stock market, credit, bank accounts, how to buy a house or a car. Now I’m thinking to start investing with stocks because I feel confident with the experience I got there! I also took an entrepreneur class where I created my own business and went to a competition where I won 100 dollars. I strongly believe those classes are good for young students to succeed in life. Brighton high is an amazing school where I felt I got the help I needed to learn a lot of things. The professor are interested in the students and their success.
Brighton High School is an incredible school. From academics to athletics, Brighton High exhibits excellence in all areas. There are a wide range of extra curricular options ranging from advanced music programs to the highly competitive athletics. The teachers are extremely qualified and care about each individual student. Not only this but, each and every student feels safe at school and their social-emotional needs are also addressed. Brighton High really prepares every student for college or any technical field they might want to pursue. The advanced placement courses in the science, math, language and technology are incredible and really prepare students wishing to continue these areas of study in college. Although Brighton has limited diversity, everyone feels included and welcomed. The community is extremely involved with the school system. Overall, Brighton High School is an incredible school to go to receive an education.
I think Brighton does a very good job about being supportive of their students and very inclusive. They respect their students and actually want to see us succeed. I also think it’s nice that they have their rules, but they aren’t crazy strict and still let you express yourself with what you wear and how you choose to present yourself. The reason they don’t get all five stars is because of some of the teachers, but most are good!