Brighton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brighton, MI. It has 2,079 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Brighton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A414 Students
- A+263 Students
- B+223 Students
- B-205 Students
- B+182 Students
- B174 Students
- B97 Students
- B-84 Students
- A72 Students
- B-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Brighton High School
- CBridge Alternative High School
- Brighton Area Schools, MI
- ADexter High School
- Dexter Community School District, MI
- 201 reviews
- A-Hartland High School
- Hartland Consolidated Schools, MI
- 335 reviews
- AWalled Lake Northern High School
- Walled Lake Consolidated Schools, MI
- 246 reviews
Brighton High School Reviews
I am currently a senior at Brighton High School and my overall academic experience has been great! I love the amount of classes ranging from AP to general education offered at Brighton. Brighton is such a truly amazing school to go to for athletics as well. As for my environmental experience at Brighton, it was not as well. Brighton High School is a very high preforming school and I think that the district treats us as numbers. They only care about the good test scores that the student provides and not about the mental health of the student.
All of the teachers at the Brighton High School have great knowledge of the subjects they are teaching, and the love for their teaching is obvious to the students. Brighton High School has an array of clubs and sports for everyone's interests. Additionally, once you start at the high school, you are assigned to an older student, who constantly checks up on the students to ensure that their mental health is doing okay. Lastly, there are so many chances to donate to wonderful charities, each week bringing great awareness to the charity and what they stand for.
I think that Brighton is an incredibly welcoming school. My teachers and administrators have helped me tremendously to prepare for college. I am extremely fortunate to have grown up in Brighton. The Fine Arts programs (which I take heavy interest in) are respected just as the sports teams are! It’s amazing what this school has to offer! Sadly, it’s not entirely diverse.