Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Bridge City High School is an above average, public school located in Bridge City, TX. It has 811 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Bridge City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-172 Students
- A+85 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-60 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+59 Students
- A51 Students
- B49 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Bridge City High School
- B-Orangefield High School
- Orangefield Independent School District, TX
- 59 reviews
- B-Vidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- 114 reviews
- BLittle Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
- BVinton High School
- Calcasieu Parish Public Schools, LA
- 35 reviews
Bridge City High School Reviews
I really love the staff. They've been 100% supportive of their students and actively strive to do better each day. So far, I've loved all of my teachers. I enjoy going to school to learn there. My only complaint is that there's some classes that schools in bigger cities have, but we don't! Which is to be expected in a town of less than 9,000 people, but it is definitely something I hope changes over the next few years.
Bridge City High School is a relatively small school which I like because you can really get to know your classmates and teachers on a personal level. Everyone is amazing at this school and the education is top-notch. There are so many clubs and organizations for every single student to be apart of, and the cool thing about the school is in the school song it says “be apart of all that’s offered” and all the organizations really help students achieve this and have great college resumes. The only down fall is the administration who has been having some issues lately but other than that and amazing school and district!
My experience at BCHS was overall, a good one. I started going to Bridge City in the 8th Grade, and now I have the honor of graduating there. In my opinion, BCHS has some of the most dedicated, caring teachers of any other school in our area. The academics are second to none. Overall, our athletic program is good, but I feel that we have the talent to be better. My football coaches and baseball coaches were second to none. Not only did they do a great job with us on the field, but they developed close relationships with us off the field. We have bonds and memories that will last a lifetime. Bridge City High School will always have a special place in my heart.