Briarcliff High School
- BRIARCLIFF MANOR, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Briarcliff High School is a top rated, public school located in BRIARCLIFF MANOR, NY. It has 559 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Briarcliff High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus116 Students
- grade A+101 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade A+93 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade A56 Students
- grade A+55 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade A+51 Students
View Homes Near Briarcliff High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Spirit week67%
- Getting drunk before the games and pep rally17%
- Pep rallies8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$32,235 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Briarcliff High School
- grade A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 112 reviews
- grade A+Hastings High School
- Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 100 reviews
- grade A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade A+Horace Greeley High School
- Chappaqua Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 124 reviews
Briarcliff High School Reviews
Rating 3.88 out of 5 78 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
BHS is a fun place to be. Teachers care, students are welcoming and there are a variety classes, clubs, and sports to choose from. The theater program is amazing and there are colleges level courses in chorus, orchestra, band and dance. There is more diversity among students than at other area schools which is very welcome. The school district listens to concerns about equity and students feel comfortable talking to someone when they have personal problems. Getting into a good college can be stressful, but our guidance counselors keep things chill.
The high school is a high performing school for its intense sense of competitiveness and offers different opportunities and experiences to even the newest students. Its student body is overall fun and energetic. As for teachers and faculty, they all are great people once you get to know them and are actively helping students whenever possible. If you are a student looking for a challenge, this place is a perfect fit. However, you may need to help yourself when it comes to joining clubs as there isn't the grandest spectrum of subjects for extracurricular activities. As well as that, Briarcliff places the student in a strong role to guide themselves to reach out for help, find out information about colleges or courses, and even look for scholarships. Upon entering the high school, you think you know it all, but once you graduate, you know really understand how much more you should learn once you're off to college!
A very welcoming school, lots of resources in terms of technology and facilities. The academics are very diverse and inclusive, and there are a multitude of AP and honors/college options. The science research program offers a lot of opportunities to explore many different fields and interact with active professionals intellectually and in the field. The guidance counselors are very helpful and supportive, and there are many accommodations available to those who need them, like the designated testing center.