Briarcliff High School is a top rated, public school located in Briarcliff Manor, NY. It has 561 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Briarcliff High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Briarcliff High School
- A+John Jay High School
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- A+Hastings High School
- Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District, NY
- 96 reviews
- A+Rye High School
- Rye City School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- A+Horace Greeley High School
- Chappaqua Central School District, NY
- 99 reviews
Briarcliff High School Reviews
The high school is a high performing school for its intense sense of competitiveness and offers different opportunities and experiences to even the newest students. Its student body is overall fun and energetic. As for teachers and faculty, they all are great people once you get to know them and are actively helping students whenever possible. If you are a student looking for a challenge, this place is a perfect fit. However, you may need to help yourself when it comes to joining clubs as there isn't the grandest spectrum of subjects for extracurricular activities. As well as that, Briarcliff places the student in a strong role to guide themselves to reach out for help, find out information about colleges or courses, and even look for scholarships. Upon entering the high school, you think you know it all, but once you graduate, you know really understand how much more you should learn once you're off to college!
Briarcliff is extremely accepting, they challenge you but also support you not only academically but also with your passion, whatever that may be. Briarcliff has tons of clubs, activities and ways to get involved in the school, they have many ways to get to know people and make friends. Everyone there is super nice and will help you. At Briarcliff, they are a family that is always looking for new members, they understand that people are different in many ways and accept you for who you are. Academics and Sports and The Arts are important to Briarcliff allowing students to find themselves and do what they love. Students are welcomed to stay after school to do homework, meet with teachers, play sports, do the fall drama or spring musical and enjoy every part of high school. Everyone has a place at Briarcliff High School and a chance to excel in life and have a future.
The teachers and classes are hard, but prepare you for college. The school offers a great number of resources compared to other schools in the area. There are plenty of clubs and sports to participate in. Briarcliff is really good in certain sports, and terrible in others. Our soccer, basketball, and lacrosse programs are fantastic and the most popular (good in individual sports like swimming and tennis as well). The facilities and food at the school are mediocre. Briarcliff definitely is lacking in diversity and school spirit. The school is in what many call the "Briarcliff Bubble", because the vast majority of the kids have grown up in the town all their life and do not understand how different the real world is.