Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Bret Harte Union High School is an above average, public school located in Angels Camp, CA. It has 607 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Bret Harte Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A51 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-37 Students
- A35 Students
- A-34 Students
- C+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- A31 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Bret Harte Union High School
- BCalaveras High School
- Calaveras Unified School District, CA
- 61 reviews
- B+Sonora High School
- Sonora Union High School District, CA
- 142 reviews
- NGTuolumne County Special Education
- Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools, CA
- C+Mountain Oaks School
- Calaveras County Office of Education, CA
- 23 reviews
Bret Harte Union High School Reviews
Very few AP science classes and no AP math classes, no computer science opportunities, no AP Music Theory, in general very little support for higher learning. If you're an average or below student, the school is good. If you are interested in higher learning, look elsewhere.
There were several reason why I enjoyed my high school experience at Bret Harte. I involved myself in numerous extra curricular activities such as FFA, Circle of Friends, and also Friday Night Lights. However, despite my amazing time within these clubs, the academic classes that this school offered were prestigious among other schools in the area. While the classes contain a lot of work, the teachers are very invested in their students and really care about the hands-on training and success of everyone who walks into their classroom. Overall, the experience was not perfect because like every school, there are some teachers who are below par. However, in a general observation, the environment and staff is very positive and I would repeat high school if I could.
Overall, my experience through Bret Harte was a very good one. The teachers were friendly and cooperative, the workload was not stressful, and the atmosphere just made it easy to relax. Sports and extracurricular activities were also very enjoyable.