Brentwood High School is a public school located in Brentwood, NY. It has 4,506 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Brentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-551 Students
- C446 Students
- A+341 Students
- B240 Students
- B235 Students
- B+221 Students
- B216 Students
- B+201 Students
- A+156 Students
- A136 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.89 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.99 responses
Schools like Brentwood High School
- A-Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- 404 reviews
- B+North Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 202 reviews
- B-Westbury High School
- Westbury Union Free School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- A-Centereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 245 reviews
Brentwood High School Reviews
Brentwood High school is a diverse school filled with all students who have dreams to become doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers, and etc. Curriculum is tough on students to prepare them for college. Brentwood high school is always being involved with the community. Allowing students to help the community and school. I would only like to change one thing... have Brentwood High School receive more recognition!
Being a student at Brentwood Highschool from my sophmore year to my senior year has been a great highschool exprience. All the students at BHS have so much school spirit. For example, sports. If there any sport events going on, guarateed the stands will be filled up with students, parents and alumnis. I have been on the varsity soccer team since ninth grade and I loved every sinlge year. Playing for my school is the best experience I had throughout my highschool years. We also have great relationships with our teachers, deans and principals. Most of us even have our teaches as mentors. The clubs and activities we have contribute to our school in so many ways. All the students are commited to the clubs they are in and enjoy it. Despite all the things that have happened in our community we stay strong and build off of those things. As a senior now, I have to say I will miss Brentwood Highschool.
Overall Brentwood high school is unique and special in their own way. We have a variety of students from different countries which allows us to interact and meet new people. We as students learn the different cultures and how each one of us as students have something that define us. The students accept each other and give us the chance to speak our mind without being judged. Something the school can change is the amount of students the schools holds. At times the hallways are crowed and we don't have enough time to get to the following class. If the number of students enroll can decrease by 100, it might make a change.