grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Brentwood High School is a public school located in Brentwood, NY. It has 4,596 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Brentwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus758 Students
- grade C580 Students
- grade A+463 Students
- grade B363 Students
- grade B331 Students
- grade B+315 Students
- grade B291 Students
- grade B272 Students
- grade A+218 Students
- grade B191 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade D+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 234 responses
- Spirit Week18%
- Green and white day16%
- Music Concerts12%
- Fridays in the park8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 89 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,212 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 99 responses
Schools like Brentwood High School
- grade B+Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 453 reviews
- grade BNorth Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 228 reviews
- grade B minusWestbury High School
- Westbury Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade A minusCentereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 285 reviews
Brentwood High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 651 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My high school experience for the 4 years I have been attending, have been amazing. I found my capability to do great things, as well to be part of the extra curricular activities that isn't familiar in middle school. Specially to find the leadership of maturity after being experienced to know about sophmores, juniors, and seniors their future plans all in place. The faculty are supportive to everyone. When it comes to parades, school spirits, sports and much more, everyone goes all out. To show our pride of being part of Brentwood. Brentwood is our home, our happiness. When it comes to being a senior, we make our year count because those days we can't never get back, we make the best out of our year. Greatest achievements are a celebration for everyone. We have had bad moments when creating memories but we always grow out strong. I'm happy to say that I am Brentwood Indian for life. BWOOD forever!
Brentwood really is a nice place to make friends and just have experiences overall. They also have many programs and opportunities that you don’t see in a minority school, and I see that each time the school district is trying to develop more opportunities for the students. Yet, there are a lot of things that Brentwood has to develop starting with the structure of the school which in many parts is still very old and not modern. The counselors have a lot of work to improve especially now that Brentwood is getting more students, since they would often not offer enough help enough help for the student and even sometimes, they wouldn’t answer messages until weeks later. In addition, I feel that many teachers are only there for the work instead of helping the students learn in efficient ways that work for anyone. Extracurricular activities, though there are a lot of them, are barely holding on and the less known have very few members. It is a great school but needs more improvement.
Brentwood High School is a humongous school full of diversity and opportunities. It is a school that puts its students first, before anything else. And while the size of the population may be intimidating, it is a community of people who are striving for a successful or even just better life. Despite the loud news headlines, Brentwood is an amazing community and its youth is its strongest hands of change. Though I wish there was a stronger college readiness procedure other than assemblies, I truly believe that, even in the midst of a pandemic, Brentwood High School puts its students on the path to greatness.