Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Broadview Heights, OH. It has 1,360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+300 Students
- B189 Students
- A-177 Students
- A-177 Students
- B-148 Students
- A122 Students
- B116 Students
- B104 Students
- A+104 Students
- A104 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 162 reviews
- AHighland High School
- Highland Local School District (Medina), OH
- 183 reviews
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 262 reviews
Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School Reviews
There is an abundance of sports, clubs, and activities for students to get involved in. Many of the teachers I have had truly care about their students. BBHHS offers a large variety of classes for students to take, as well as multiple levels that cater to students' academic abilities. There are many academically challenging courses that are available to high-level students, however that is where I find the most problems. Students are only taught how to pass their AP exams, but they are not taught the real material that should be taught in the classes. Outside of academics, the school, in my opinion, has a poor administration. With multiple student suicides in the span of only a few years, the administration has not handled the tragedies well. The administration recently implemented a "colony period", with a goal of bringing awareness to mental health, and it is quite obvious to many students that the administration cares more about the school's reputation than the actual students.
The education that I received at Brecksville-Broadview Height High School was amazing, with lots of options for classes, sports and clubs. The teachers are all very interactive, always wanting the best for each individual student, and any parent involvement is greatly encouraged by the administration and the teachers. While the school may not be the most diverse, it always feels very safe and comfortable, with great facilities both for education and for sports along with after school activities. I had a great experience at the school, and it has great history of excellence because my mom had also gone to Brecksville, and she had a similarly good experience however many years ago.
The Brecksville-Broadview Heights school system offers great opportunities to any student who is willing to work hard and dive into new adventures. The course curriculum offered is vast, to serve interests from the arts to AP Physics and business. Students have endless sports and clubs to join , or can create their own. Whether your interests lie in athletics to music, from debate to robotics, a student only needs to make the choose to become involved. I wish I had the opportunity to attend a High School that offered so many wonderful possibilities!