Brearley School is a top rated, private, all-girls school located in New York, NY. It has 719 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. Tuition is $49,680 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Brearley School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Brearley School Reviews
Brearley School is wonderful K-12 school which has a diverse community. The school has a terrific financial aid policy and helps support all each girl's endeavors. The teachers here are incredible. The curriculum is well thought out and the faculty does an excellent job of working closely with each and every student. Every family who comes here feels very welcome in the Brearley community. The school prepares students exceptionally well for college. The school is one of the safest out there, excellent security. There are many clubs and activities for the students to get involved in. Academics are top notch and the girls who come here have fun while learning!
When I entered Brearley in 9th grade, I was amazed by how incredible the school was. The classes are small, with a maximum of 18 or so kids in one class; there is a lot of opportunity for student-teacher interactions. My teachers’ enthusiasm for their subject is contagious, and they encourage us to perform at our best. The academis are strenuous, but I find myself learning something from each homework assignment. The college counselors have already started working with my grade on college preparation. We are taking APs, SAT IIs, and mock ACTs/SATs. They work with each junior and senior to compile college lists and discuss the college process. The clubs range from Mock Trial to Political Awareness to Medical Science, and more! In high school, clubs meet for 30 minutes during the school day, but some require out-of-school work as well. They are run by two or more junior or senior co-heads, and are a joy to be in. Overall, I have loved my experience with Brearley thus far.
I've gone to school here for 13 years and am so grateful for everything I have learned at Brearley! The teachers are first-rate, the students are brilliant, and the administration is generally responsive and supportive. The academics are rigorous, but as a result I not only accumulated knowledge, but also developed a passion for learning and a willingness to challenge myself and work hard.