Brazoswood High School is an above average, public school located in Clute, TX. It has 2,416 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Brazoswood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+248 Students
- A+222 Students
- A-205 Students
- B+193 Students
- C+178 Students
- A133 Students
- B110 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-85 Students
- B-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Brazoswood High School
- C+Brazosport High School
- Brazosport Independent School District, TX
- 64 reviews
- B-Columbia High School
- Columbia-Brazoria Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- BAngleton High School
- Angleton Independent School District, TX
- 205 reviews
- B-Danbury High School
- Danbury Independent School District, TX
- 28 reviews
Brazoswood High School Reviews
Brazoswood is a great school for academics, certain sports, the fine arts, and extracurriculars. With a wide array of classes, Brazoswood not only offers AP, dual credit, and other college preparedness classes, but it also offers a wide range of fine art classes and STEM classes. At Brazoswood the sports programs and extracurriculars are also well taken care of and have shown success in a very competitive district, except football ): In addition, Brazoswood has just begun construction on an entirely new school which will include even more resources for teachers and students to enhance further education. However, the construction has become a nuisance to Brazoswood's current students.
While Brazoswood is the best school it certainly isn’t the worst. It has its ups and downs but when you get to the core of it, it’s not that bad of a school. Most of the teachers truly care and work hard to help with your success! While on the other hand some teachers seem to just want to drag you down and the students that attend it for a major part are too.
I like the security and most of the teachers. I do not like the school food (or the fact that the water fountains probably have lead in them). I am glad we are getting a new school, but sad that the cafeteria won’t be as pretty. Oh, and I don’t like the Columbia blue!