Brazosport High School
- FREEPORT, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Brazosport High School is a public school located in FREEPORT, TX. It has 936 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Brazosport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+94 Students
- grade A+88 Students
- grade A minus87 Students
- grade B minus85 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade B76 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+39 Students
- grade B35 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Brazosport High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Pep rallys19%
- Red tide19%
- Project graduation14%
- Football games8%
- The Bonfire8%
- Baseball Games6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,715 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Brazosport High School Reviews
Rating 3.38 out of 5 73 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience with Brazosport High School was positive for the most part in the area of doing sports and other activities. The things I would change would be changing the teachers spreading ideas that college is difficult and that few can do it. I believe with my experience that statement was false, this affects kids in high school by creating the fear of college. By changing this ideology kids would be open to going to college and trying at least. Another large part of a change I would do would be the number of counselors there were. Because at the school there wasn't enough to effectively counsel all the students properly. With more counselors, the number of kids getting quality counseling would increase dramatically. A positive was my coaches giving us life tips and college tips that created a positive image of the college and what is in stored. In all, I feel some teachers failed the students by creating an image of college as a place to fear because of the amount of work.
Brazosport was a school where everyone fitted in, there wasn't someone singled out for any reason. The teaching staff was pretty good, you always managed to learn something even if it wasn't exactly on the subject. The only thing I'd like to see change at the school is the curriculum could be better and the counselors could be a better. It just always seemed that some of the counselors really didn't listen to what students wanted to do so they could really match their courses.
I enjoyed my four years at Brazoswood High school. In those 4 years, I got to witness snakes in the ceiling, raccoons roaming around the halls in the morning, bats in the cafeteria and many more. However, I got lucky with my teachers. Most of them actually wanted to be there and make a difference. However, there were many that I received who would just hand out papers, assign videos and worksheets from google, and then proceed to get on their phones.