Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Brandywine Heights High School is a public school located in Mertztown, PA. It has 461 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Brandywine Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-56 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-38 Students
- A35 Students
- A-31 Students
- B27 Students
- B22 Students
- C+20 Students
- A+15 Students
- C15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Brandywine Heights High School
- B-Fleetwood Senior High School
- Fleetwood Area School District, PA
- 184 reviews
- BDaniel Boone Area High School
- Daniel Boone Area School District, PA
- 113 reviews
- BUpper Perkiomen High School
- Upper Perkiomen School District, PA
- 119 reviews
- B+Kutztown Area Senior High School
- Kutztown Area School District, PA
- 70 reviews
Brandywine Heights High School Reviews
Brandywine is surrounded by a stigma that the students are dumb, the teachers don't care, and everyone is irresponsible. Part of that is true, but part isn't. I was highly involved in the music department, which is small, but relatively stable. I liked that Brandywine gave me an outlet to express myself. The students themselves are mean people raised by parents that went to school in the district that feel entitled. I wish I never went to this school.
The best thing about learning at Brandywine Heights High School is how helpful the teachers are. They know about my hearing disabilities and help me whenever I need the help. They know my accommodations and know what to do when I need help with something. Their curriculum is also very well organized and they know what teacher teaches best and what is best for their students and their success in life. I enjoy learning at Brandywine and will for my last 2 years there.
I like how the teachers were always there for people when they needed them, during my time at this school I found that most of the teachers were very nice. The guidance office always has helped with questions that I have had over my time there, and has prepared me for my future outside of high school.