Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Brandon Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brandon, SD. It has 1,122 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Brandon Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B229 Students
- grade B+218 Students
- grade A minus128 Students
- grade A98 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade B53 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
- grade A43 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responses
- Homecoming Friday23%
- School musical, talent show, state games23%
- Unity Days11%
- Sporting events10%
- Spirit Week8%
- Challenge Day7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,699 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Brandon Valley High School
- grade BWest Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade BGarretson High School
- Garretson School District, SD
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade BHarrisburg High School
- Harrisburg School District, SD
- Rating 4.09 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade A minusLincoln High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 226 reviews
Brandon Valley High School Reviews
Rating 4.02 out of 5 219 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Brandon Valley High School prepared me for college by giving me freedom and independence. I enjoyed the classes I took and teachers were always willing to lend a hand. Implemented into my sophomore year, for forty-five minutes after school, teachers stayed in classrooms to allow time for students who needed it. This was especially helpful to those who rode the bus or didn't have time in the morning to communicate with teachers. At the time of my involvement, I didn't consider Brandon Valley to have amazing food; however, after experiencing what other schools offered, I am grateful for the nutrients this district provided. There were plenty of whole grains and the vegetables were always cooked thoroughly. Overall, I loved the atmosphere this school had to offer. It really felt like a whole community.
Brandon Valley High School makes people feel very welcome. It is a place where students are very close to one another and help each other whenever it is needed. The school has many different activities that you can be involved in throughout high school. This makes it very easy to make connections not only with peers but also with teachers/coaches. At Brandon Valley, the people are very close. Once you are introduced to someone in a different grade or class you become friends easily. It is just how the Brandon community works with one another. The teachers are one of my favorite things about Brandon Valley High School. They are willing to help their students whenever they need it no matter what time of day it is. When students go to teachers for help they need, the teachers do whatever it takes to help that individual understand the topic at hand. Overall, my high school experience at Brandon has been amazing due to coaches, teachers, and activities that I can be involved in.
Brandon Valley High School provides students with a great atmosphere to learn. Teachers truly care for their students, and this shows in our test scores. The high school has been ranked number one in the state for many years because of academics, but aside from smarts, kids at Brandon Valley feel welcomed and supported by others. We have a variety of AP or honors courses to ensure students are ready for college and to give them a challenge. I love going to the high school that I do, there are so many opportunities for me to become a better student and person. I have participated in many sports and activities throughout my four years at Brandon, these have molded me into who I am now by teaching me valuable lessons and skills for later in life. Administrators at Brandon have developed methods to demonstrate responsibility and respectfulness through students and teachers at our school.