Brandon Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brandon, SD. It has 1,024 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Brandon Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+172 Students
- B170 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+61 Students
- B50 Students
- A38 Students
- B34 Students
- B32 Students
- B-28 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Brandon Valley High School
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- B-Garretson High School
- Garretson School District, SD
- 38 reviews
- BHarrisburg High School
- Harrisburg School District, SD
- 92 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- 191 reviews
Brandon Valley High School Reviews
Some of the teachers are passionate about what they teach and make the experience for students amazing. They have a way of interesting you in things you’d never taken an interest in before. Brandon offers students great academic opportunities including college credit and career based classes through the Career and Technical Education Academy in Sioux Falls. The environment is very safe with all individuals working to make a strong community. Brandon Valley gives a sense of home where most everyone is friendly, and there are multiple adults ready to help in any way possible.
Brandon Valley High School has its perks, but it also has some things that could be worked on. An example of a perk and one reason I love my school is juniors and seniors do not have to take semester exams as long as we don't miss more than 2 days of school. This encourages good attendance and time management. A downside to this is that you can't go on vacations or if you are sick, you feel obligated to attend school. During homecoming, our school goes all out. We have a full week of dressing up and the last day is just a fun day with no classes. One thing I think our school should work on is supporting things other then sports. Overall, my time attending BVHS has been fun and I will carry many memories with me forever.
Getting out of my comfort zone has given me the possibility of being in the theater productions my school puts on, in oral interpretation, and singing in the school's concert choir. Being in theater has allowed me the chance of being in the school's fall play, One Acts, and musical productions. I have allowed myself to perform in front of an audience and make good friends with who I would like to consider as family. Oral Interp. has allowed me to compete against other high school students by performing pieces of literature in front of judges and an audience. Singing in the concert choir at school has also allowed my voice to reach new levels of determination I never had in middle school. I would say that there are a lot of clubs/opportunities students can participate in to be involved in Brandon Valley High School.