Brandon Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brandon, SD. It has 991 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Brandon Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B142 Students
- B+138 Students
- A65 Students
- A+52 Students
- B44 Students
- A39 Students
- B25 Students
- B-23 Students
- A22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Brandon Valley High School
- BWest Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 30 reviews
- BGarretson High School
- Garretson School District, SD
- 36 reviews
- B+Harrisburg High School
- Harrisburg School District, SD
- 85 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- 167 reviews
Brandon Valley High School Reviews
With my experience at BVHS only good things can be said about the school. There are so many different clubs and activities to be involved in that anyone can find one that they like. Also at BVHS the teachers are there to help you succeed in your class, if help is needed, all that you have to do is stop in and see the teacher. The teachers are there before and after school and willing to help.
Overall, my high school experience at BVHS has been fantastic--great friends, great teachers, great opportunities... Since attending, I have become much more outgoing and adventurous, thanks to the optimism and encouragement from peers and teachers. Freshman year, I knew I belonged in the Art Club, but it wasn't until the end of sophomore year that I got involved in (with the help of my favorite English teacher, Mrs. M Sittig) and fell in love with color guard, which allowed me to meet a number of new faces I now refer to as friends. My school is not only unique for its vast opportunities, but also for its accepting spirit. There are many different groups, yet they all seem to interlock and support each other. If I had the choice, I would always choose BV.
I have really enjoyed Brandon Valley as a high school because it has offered many different opportunities to be involved in extra circulars. Also the staff is amazing whether it is counselors, teachers, or even janitors. I would like to see Brandon Valley include more opportunities for college courses.