Brandon Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Brandon, SD. It has 1,024 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Brandon Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+156 Students
- B154 Students
- A78 Students
- A+55 Students
- B46 Students
- A38 Students
- B29 Students
- B-28 Students
- A25 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Brandon Valley High School
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 31 reviews
- B-Garretson High School
- Garretson School District, SD
- 38 reviews
- BHarrisburg High School
- Harrisburg School District, SD
- 90 reviews
- ALincoln High School
- Sioux Falls School District, SD
- 180 reviews
Brandon Valley High School Reviews
Getting out of my comfort zone has given me the possibility of being in the theater productions my school puts on, in oral interpretation, and singing in the school's concert choir. Being in theater has allowed me the chance of being in the school's fall play, One Acts, and musical productions. I have allowed myself to perform in front of an audience and make good friends with who I would like to consider as family. Oral Interp. has allowed me to compete against other high school students by performing pieces of literature in front of judges and an audience. Singing in the concert choir at school has also allowed my voice to reach new levels of determination I never had in middle school. I would say that there are a lot of clubs/opportunities students can participate in to be involved in Brandon Valley High School.
I like how the teachers prepare the students for college and challenge them. The teachers are extremely invested in the students and passionate about their jobs. In addition, teachers are extremely good at gathering the attention of the students and mixing up the daily routine.
With my experience at BVHS only good things can be said about the school. There are so many different clubs and activities to be involved in that anyone can find one that they like. Also at BVHS the teachers are there to help you succeed in your class, if help is needed, all that you have to do is stop in and see the teacher. The teachers are there before and after school and willing to help.