Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Branch Career Technical High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Corpus Christi, TX. It has 281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B27 Students
- A+17 Students
- B13 Students
- A11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Branch Career Technical High School Reviews
Harold T. Branch Academy is a really great school. It is not only a great school, but a great opportunity. Being able to attend college since a young age has helped me become more responsible. I feel that I will not have such a difficult time adjusting to a University, that I will attend in the future because of everything I have learned at my school. I really liked how at my school we have an etiquette class because there we learn how it is we should act in many business type situations and it prepares us for our future. I also like how even though we are not a school with sports we still play games against other early college high schools. This school has helped me realize what I really want to do in the near future.
Attending Branch Academy has been a wonderful experience as attending this school allows me to take college classes all while attending high school at the same time. This school allows you with the opportunity to graduate with your Associate's degree and they pay for two years of your college. The teachers are both caring and attentive to any concerns you may have or if you need to talk then they are always open to having a serious conversation with you. The one thing I would change about this school is the layout of the school as we do only have one hallway and it does often get packed with 300+ students trying to squeeze past each other in this one hallway.
Branch Academy was a wonderful experience I will never forget. The staff are all incredible, and all work hard to ensure you and your peers are educated in a safe environment. Along with this, the teachers are wonderful as well. All educated and dedicated to their careers. However, I feel there is a reasonable con. School work can feel overwhelming at times, as you also take on the load of a college student. In my experience, some of my instructors have not been so lenient despite the additional work loads. Students are given a study hall in their schedule to allocate time for college work. Despite my opinion communication is essential to stay on top of your work. Most instructors are understanding.