Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Braintree High School is a highly rated, public school located in Braintree, MA. It has 1,793 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Braintree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A284 Students
- A+175 Students
- B169 Students
- A+132 Students
- A+112 Students
- B106 Students
- B+104 Students
- B-90 Students
- B+89 Students
- B81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Braintree High School Reviews
I like the school counselors because they truly care about the well being of their students. Braintree has a very diverse school that embraces all cultures. Their theatre guild program allows students to enter the national thespian honors society for those who like drama club either in cast or crew. Similarly, Braintree High's chorus classes are a great break in between all the classes. I like how tolerable to faculty of the school is. When I say tolerable I mean that they really connect with the students. One time, one of our most strict housemasters allowed herself to get pied in the face during one of our spirit week rallies. My experience at Braintree High allowed me to discover my passion for biology. I love working on the labs and having the experiences that real-life pathologists do except we dissect animals instead of human tissues. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves and are supported wholeheartedly by their teachers.
As a Freshman who's moved to this school, I wasn't too impressed. I'm very reserved and kids automatically pushed me out of the ability to be friends with them. And I was made fun of for my looks. I am an African American and the school was okay, but the teachers and admins are too judge-mental and I feel they do not have a high expectation for reserved, quiet, and darker toned kids. My grades weren't great because I forgot homework a lot, and my counselor noticed. So she sent home a packet of disabilities my parents were suppose to check off. I DO NOT have any mental delay, I am just quiet and they push too many hard assignments and classes out to children. Teachers 'reported' I would space out and look around the room when I was just observing posters. This school is just too judgy, my 2 month stay wasn't the best at all. Hopefully they're nice and move me to the 10th grade and don't keep me back.
The best part about braintree is the teachers. So many of them are dedicated to their students and job and the passion truly shows. Unfortunately, Braintree tends to be a bit racists and therefore it is evident in all of our schools. For some reason the racism is not handled properly and continues to happen. But racism is not the only problem. It seems that every group of kids that are not straight and white have a more difficult time at the school, whether it be being put in higher level classes or just feeling safe in the halls. I rate Braintree a 3/5 because it is quite academically successful, but they have a lot of work to do just like many other schools