Braintree High School is a highly rated, public school located in Braintree, MA. It has 1,801 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Braintree High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A273 Students
- A+166 Students
- B158 Students
- A+122 Students
- A+108 Students
- B103 Students
- A-100 Students
- B+87 Students
- B84 Students
- C+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Braintree High School Reviews
As a new kid attending this school I had high expectations for the staff and overall population. Instead I was greeted with harshness and a coldness I had not experienced at my old high school. It seems as if all the life and joy has been sucked out of the students and teachers. The staffs goals are not full of good intentions and only want kids to leave rather than succeed. If you have other options for high schools I highly encourage another education source. The school is old and falling apart, the ceilings randomly drip odd rusty liquids in the middle of some classes. The arts department is barely funded and the schools only major priority is sports. It seems like more students struggle and are left frustrated at the end of the day then helped. I repeat, do NOT attend if you aren't mentally stable or ready to left on your own when it comes to education or support.
Braintree High is a very unique school to say the least. It's rather old, but is still a pretty well round place. The school prides itself in educational excellence giving students the best opportunities possible. Based through my experience however, the school holds some flaws. First being a problem with my junior year history teacher. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to do well in his class. Soon enough, I come to find out that many students who have him as their teacher are also frustrated. Despite how many times I went to him for help, his tests were far too difficult and his classes caused a great deal of anxiety. Even my parents were fed up with him and did everything in there power to help my situation. But by the end of the year, I still averaged a C in his class. Needless to say I wasn't happy about it. Of course, as I said earlier, the school was very old, so sometimes we would find ourselves out of power, or seeing water coming from the ceiling.
Overall, Braintree High School is a great school. It is especially great due to its great academics and emphasis on getting involved. Another aspect of the school is METCO which has added diversity to our school and made it feel more inclusive. Above everything, the students and teachers are very nice and helpful. One complaint I'd have is that the school is very old and feels unsafe to be in. Students and parents have concerns about the sanitation and overall health there. Besides that, it is a great school I feel grateful to go to.