Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School is an above average, public school located in Bradley, IL. It has 2,059 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-158 Students
- B+154 Students
- A+137 Students
- B127 Students
- A-105 Students
- B96 Students
- B+77 Students
- A+76 Students
- B76 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
- B+Manteno High School
- Manteno Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 79 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 39 reviews
- B-Wilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 54 reviews
- BHerscher High School
- Herscher Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 93 reviews
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School Reviews
BBCHS has an amazing sports program, I played football here for 3 years and every year it gets better and better. Besides the a/c problems the school overall is great! the teachers are involved with students lives as if they were their own parents which can impact one who maybe doesn't receive attention like so at home. The office staff does a great job of implying discipline when and where it is needed. The lunch is your average school lunch, however you have plenty to choose from as additional purchases to satisfy your hunger if you dislike what is being served that day. The grading system is very different and changed all 4 years that I attended the school. I do not feel as prepared as I feel that I should b for college however this school has definitely strengthened me mentally and physically as well as it has prepared me for life after highschool, which is very scary and confusing currently however life is full of challenges and boilermakers embrace challenges.
The teachers here definitely help you follow your path to success. They not only teach what is on their syllabus, but they also inspire students by creating an environment where they can succeed. They teach you the lessons that you need once you go off into the real world. The students here really matter to the teaching staff. This is shown everyday when we walk into our classrooms knowing we can succeed. That’s what every teen needs to know is that they can succeed and the teachers are eager to help them climb the mountain to success!
The teachers create an amazingly supportive and helpful atmosphere. They care about the students and their success. Overall, I’ve actually looked forward to the majority of my classes. However, I’m disappointed that over my 4 years at BBCHS I feel like my class has played the “academic guinea pigs”. The grading systems and rules are constantly changing. It lacks the consistency that I would prefer. Recently, the school built a huge new weight room in which they -very loudly- slam the weights on the ground and blast music. Keep in mind this is bordered by ten classrooms -many have AP and honors classes- that are constantly distracted by the noise. I simply wish BBCHS would be as considerate and appreciative of the academic success of its students as much as students and teachers are.