Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School is an above average, public school located in Bradley, IL. It has 1,959 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B203 Students
- C+185 Students
- A+165 Students
- B-152 Students
- B+131 Students
- B-128 Students
- B+96 Students
- B96 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responses
- Homecoming Week24%
- Class Clash19%
- Painting the rock13%
- Fall Musical10%
- Senior Bench9%
- Senior skip day7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
- BManteno High School
- Manteno Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 91 reviews
- BCentral High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 43 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 59 reviews
- BHerscher High School
- Herscher Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 101 reviews
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School Reviews
Bradley-Bourbonnais C High School has made many improvements just in the four years that I have attended. For example, there is now a 25 minute period in the day where students can sign up to see any of their teachers and receive help for a class! Also BBCHS has amazing spirit when it comes to sporting events. The lunch food is super tasty and all teachers and kind and helpful toward students.
This school is excellent in terms of student life. Sports games are great, academics are great if you take the initiative, teachers genuinely care about their students. However, due to the changing grading system and academic standards, students aren't as college ready as those from other high schools and the lack of college resources available to the students is unfortunate and could use improvement. I was lucky enough to have a work ethic allowing my adjustment at a tough college to be slightly easier. However, students who are lacking in inspiration, guidance or a role model in their education fall behind. First generation college students are essentially left behind as well in their search for schools and the college appointment times are during busy periods of the day where students don't want to miss their classes. This school gave me lots of memories, but very little preparation for college or the real world.
BBCHS has an amazing sports program, I played football here for 3 years and every year it gets better and better. Besides the a/c problems the school overall is great! the teachers are involved with students lives as if they were their own parents which can impact one who maybe doesn't receive attention like so at home. The office staff does a great job of implying discipline when and where it is needed. The lunch is your average school lunch, however you have plenty to choose from as additional purchases to satisfy your hunger if you dislike what is being served that day. The grading system is very different and changed all 4 years that I attended the school. I do not feel as prepared as I feel that I should b for college however this school has definitely strengthened me mentally and physically as well as it has prepared me for life after highschool, which is very scary and confusing currently however life is full of challenges and boilermakers embrace challenges.