Bozeman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bozeman, MT. It has 1,989 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Bozeman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+451 Students
- B-195 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+33 Students
- A33 Students
- A-32 Students
- A29 Students
- A28 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 126 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Bozeman High School Reviews
I recently just graduated from Bozeman High School this past weekend. For the past 4 years I went to Bozeman High and had a really great experience. My teachers, counselors, peers and other students made me feel welcome in every way possible. I always felt comfortable to walk into to school everyday, and leaving I feel as though I would still be welcomed back into the community. I loved my time at BHS--GO HAWKS!
I actually love the sheer size of Bozeman High School. There is always somebody new to meet and it keeps school exciting! I also love the value placed on sports and how not only the school but the whole community cares about the Bozeman Hawks in football, basketball, volleyball and more! The students are all so spirited and it makes high school so much more exciting and fun. I would love to see more funding given to activities in the school in all areas.
Overall, attending Bozeman High School has been a positive experience for me. I liked that there were a variety of AP and honors classes for me to choose from, as well as interesting electives. The only two things that were difficult for me while attending Bozeman High School were the lack of funding for arts programs (such as theatre) and the emphasis on sports. However, this pales in comparison to the other, positive aspects of my school. The teachers are all nice, and open minded. They are also accommodating to students. The library is wonderful as well due to electronics and the librarians. The College and Career Center is another excellent feature of Bozeman High. The ladies who run it are so sweet, and they are always happy to help with anything from finding a job, to helping with test prep, to finding scholarships. My experience at Bozeman High School has been largely positive, which is why I give it 4/5 stars!