Boyle County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Danville, KY. It has 862 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Boyle County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-152 Students
- B148 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-62 Students
- C+61 Students
- B+55 Students
- B-55 Students
- C+49 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Boyle County High School
- B-Mercer County Senior High School
- Mercer County Public Schools, KY
- 66 reviews
- B-Garrard County High School
- Garrard County Public Schools, KY
- 51 reviews
- B+Danville High School
- Danville Independent Schools, KY
- 58 reviews
- C+Lincoln County High School
- Lincoln County Public Schools, KY
- 133 reviews
Boyle County High School Reviews
Being at Boyle County Highschool has been a privilege and a great opportunity. I have been there for four years and have had one of the best times of my life. My junior year was the best year of my high school career that being said I'll tell you why: I started out the year like any other junior; dreading classes and meeting new friends. Well, I played football and it has always been my dream to win a state championship. This was my goal; to win a state championship and long story short through many ups and downs and injury after injury we went to the state championship and won the 2017 class 3AAA state championship. We put our town back on the map after 7 years of losing. This is just one of the many stories I can tell about being a student at Boyle County high school and that's the reason I have loved and keep on loving boyle county highschool.
I've never really like this system, it's the best option of where I currently live but I would much rather want to go somewhere else. Most of the teachers are great and want to see you succeed and are wonderful teachers but there are a handful of teachers that a lot students complain about because of their teaching style. I feel this school cares too much of academics. By "academics" I mean testing...testing is a big deal, even when I was in elementary school testing was a big deal. They want to be the best...academically. I may be wrong but that's how I see it in my eyes. I do think this a decent school and I know a lot of people who love it but honestly this place is not for me.
The academics here are really great, and all of the teachers are very nice and friendly. This school has TONS of college prep work and it is extremely helpful. I currently attend here and I can say that I feel safe every day, especially since we always have around two guards here at all times, plus a drug dog. I can't say much about the food since I've always brought my lunch, but there are tons of good sports and clubs to join of all varieties, from card clubs to drama clubs and from football to marching band.