Boyd High School is a public school located in Boyd, TX. It has 341 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Boyd High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- B28 Students
- B+26 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B25 Students
- A23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Boyd High School
- B-Azle High School
- Azle Independent School District, TX
- 353 reviews
- C+Springtown High School
- Springtown Independent School District, TX
- 168 reviews
- BBridgeport High School
- Bridgeport Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- B+Decatur High School
- Decatur Independent School District, TX
- 99 reviews
Boyd High School Reviews
I have been a Boyd student my whole life. Overall, the high school has had a poor track record when talking about keeping a vice principle. There have been quite a few teachers who have vacated their positions in the school due to some poor treatment. As a student, it is apparent that Boyd High School should put more time and energy into equal treatment towards all organizations instead of placing athletics in the forefront. The school should, especially, make its academics more of a priority. However, I like the small town environment and the sense of community that Boyd High School displays.
This school is nothing below or above average. Mediocre. The students do not care about their school very much, and the most of the teachers could care less about education. They do not strive for college preparedness, and because of that, I was unable to qualify for an early admissions all because they neglected to send my transcript to the school of my choice.
Boyd is a very basic, undiversified school. Though academia is fairly good there, much else is. Much of the town and district focuses on sports, mainly football. Regardless of the capability of the team, most of the funding is put into the football team. However, many of the teachers are pretty helpful and friendly.