Boyd High School
- BOYD, TX
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Boyd High School is a public school located in BOYD, TX. It has 410 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Boyd High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+72 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade A minus59 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B+39 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
View Homes Near Boyd High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- At this school the seniors get a campout.15%
- Progect Graduation15%
- Senior skip day15%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,926 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Boyd High School
- grade BAzle High School
- Azle Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 402 reviews
- grade C+Springtown High School
- Springtown Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 197 reviews
- grade BBridgeport High School
- Bridgeport Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 65 reviews
- grade B+Decatur High School
- Decatur Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.03 out of 5 121 reviews
Boyd High School Reviews
Rating 3.43 out of 5 84 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Boyd High School is a very accepting school with more of a community fell then an educational feel . I can easily state that Boyd will accept with open arms, making you feel comfortable and heard. But where they excel in a friendly feel they lack in education. We go through teachers like our building was installed with revolving doors. I have seen many different faces teach me many different subjects, but the one lesson I've learned is that you need to cherish memories when they are present. Boyd has given me many wonderful memories whether they be sad or happy. But the one disadvantage of being a human is that we can never tell when a memory is being made. Freshman year I was in the High School Band, nothing too crazy but that year we had a Band trip to Corpus Christi. All of my closest friends were there with me. A full weekend of nothing but the beach and my best friends. I never forget each minute of that trip to this day.
Love my school! The teachers care about the students. You are not just a number at Boyd High School. The students are kind to each other and support one another. There are many different clubs to join and everyone is accepted for who they are. Parents are welcome in school and are involved in all areas. Dr. Foster the principal knows every student's name and works hard to build relationships with the students. The entire community comes together for the school district.
I have been a Boyd student my whole life. Overall, the high school has had a poor track record when talking about keeping a vice principle. There have been quite a few teachers who have vacated their positions in the school due to some poor treatment. As a student, it is apparent that Boyd High School should put more time and energy into equal treatment towards all organizations instead of placing athletics in the forefront. The school should, especially, make its academics more of a priority. However, I like the small town environment and the sense of community that Boyd High School displays.