Boyd County High School is a public school located in Ashland, KY. It has 883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Boyd County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-194 Students
- A-127 Students
- B-113 Students
- C+85 Students
- B-83 Students
- A-70 Students
- B-65 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-41 Students
- C31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Boyd County High School
- NGRamey Estep High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- CSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- C+Ironton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- 56 reviews
Boyd County High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my experiences at Boyd County because of the student to teacher connection and the endless possibilities accessible to all students. The teachers were very included in the students life and let the pick the path they wanted for high school. They kept the students involved with outside information that may help them succeed in the future. My personal favorite possibility at Boyd is how you could take college classes, through Marshall University, while receiving college credit. I have gained over 20 college credit hours through Marshall during my time at Boyd County High School, without having to pay full price for the class.
Boyd is very good with offering a large range of classes. The East Campus is a vocational school with classes like welding, agriculture, and fashion design. There are also many electives such as choir offered. Since the school has about 600(?) students, there is a nice selection of college and AP courses that are fairly rigorous and help earn college credit. I enjoy it at the school.
Boyd County High school is a top of the line school in Eastern Kentucky. The high school has very friendly, yet professional staff. Their teachers are some of the best in the state. Boyd County excels in academics as well as athletics. The school has one of the best athletic programs around. They also have a wide variety of academic opportunities. I would personally recommend Boyd County High School, as well as their entire district, to anyone.