Boyd County High School
- ASHLAND, KY
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Boyd County High School is a public school located in ASHLAND, KY. It has 876 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Boyd County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus207 Students
- grade B+140 Students
- grade B minus120 Students
- grade B minus90 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade B minus74 Students
- grade A minus74 Students
- grade B+49 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade C34 Students
View Homes Near Boyd County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Sporting Events26%
- Pep Rallies19%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,090 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 22 responses
Schools like Boyd County High School
- grade unavailableRamey Estep High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- grade B minusSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 25 reviews
- grade B minusIronton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 57 reviews
Boyd County High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 103 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really enjoyed my experiences at Boyd County because of the student to teacher connection and the endless possibilities accessible to all students. The teachers were very included in the students life and let the pick the path they wanted for high school. They kept the students involved with outside information that may help them succeed in the future. My personal favorite possibility at Boyd is how you could take college classes, through Marshall University, while receiving college credit. I have gained over 20 college credit hours through Marshall during my time at Boyd County High School, without having to pay full price for the class.
Boyd is very good with offering a large range of classes. The East Campus is a vocational school with classes like welding, agriculture, and fashion design. There are also many electives such as choir offered. Since the school has about 600(?) students, there is a nice selection of college and AP courses that are fairly rigorous and help earn college credit. I enjoy it at the school.
Boyd County High school is a top of the line school in Eastern Kentucky. The high school has very friendly, yet professional staff. Their teachers are some of the best in the state. Boyd County excels in academics as well as athletics. The school has one of the best athletic programs around. They also have a wide variety of academic opportunities. I would personally recommend Boyd County High School, as well as their entire district, to anyone.