Bowling Green High School is an above average, public school located in Bowling Green, OH. It has 825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Bowling Green High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B169 Students
- A+78 Students
- B52 Students
- A-42 Students
- A38 Students
- A-33 Students
- A+31 Students
- B25 Students
- A-25 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Bowling Green High School
- B+Maumee High School
- Maumee City School District, OH
- 118 reviews
- B+Van Buren High School
- Van Buren Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- BRossford High School
- Rossford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 86 reviews
- BOtsego High School
- Otsego Local School District, OH
- 105 reviews
Bowling Green High School Reviews
Bowling Green High School is very good for those students wanting to lean and move onto college. The school try's to set up to prepare students for how college is going to work. Many teachers also help students prepare for the work ahead to apply to colleges. The teachers at the high school try to do as much one-on-one time to help kids as much as possible. The school also offers many diverse sports and clubs to keep kids involved.
The Bowling Green community is amazing and you feel at home. Teachers care and a variety of AP and Honors classes are offered. Sports teams are pretty good. However, the building needs renovations and air conditioning.
My experience with the BG schools was not great. The administration is less than average because they don't take the time to know you personally unless you are a great athlete. Most teachers are great, others aren't. Overall it is a safe environement but it is not inclusive and many of the staff don't set you up for success.