Bowie High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+351 Students
- B+219 Students
- A+184 Students
- B+141 Students
- A-135 Students
- B98 Students
- A97 Students
- A-97 Students
- A-88 Students
- B-83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Bowie High School Reviews
Review Bowie High School
Bowie High School is distinguished by its students and staff. The unique and diverse student body allows students to welcome new ideas and encourage creativity and individuality. With the overwhelming amount of students, each student finds their niche in the school in which they can explore their passions and pursue their interests. Armed with teachers who are friends and mentors of the students and with peers who are competitive yet motivating, many students thrive at Bowie. The only challenge is overcoming the actual campus itself that fails to create a comfortable, stimulating environment. If Bowie spends the money renovating the campus and investing in more resources for students, it could become a highly competitive institution. With the apparent student talent, the only thing Bowie lacks is the resources that will inspire students to dream bigger and achieve better.
Bowie is definitely very diverse. Whether you're into debate, wrestling, or even Dr. Who, you'll find a group of people that share the same interests. Due to it's diversity and size (it contains approximately 3,000 students), there are a lot of different classes offered to suit a student's needs. Some of my favorite memories at Bowie were during football games. At home games, the student section is always packed with teens wearing red and black. Also, Bowie's school spirit is incredible. From football games to spirit week, it's rare to find a student who doesn't participate. Even the teachers dress up! Although Bowie does have a few problems (like all high schools do), it is has given me so much. If I had to redo high school, I would definitely choose Bowie.
Bowie High School in Austin, Texas is a pretty decent school overall. The school itself isn't the highest of quality and not all the teachers are super great, but there are quite a few who will go above and beyond to help their students. I believe I have been lucky to have a few of those teachers. However, the academic component of the school is lacking the ability to embrace students' minds in learning the way that fits them best, so sadly, not many people like this school. On a good note, however, I do believe that that Bowie High School possesses numerous resources to assist students in being prepared for college, if the students choose to utilize them.