Bowdon High School is a public school located in Bowdon, GA. It has 432 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Bowdon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-112 Students
- A+53 Students
- B27 Students
- B25 Students
- C22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B17 Students
- B+14 Students
- C+13 Students
- C+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Bowdon High School Reviews
I like how involved the community is involved with the school and vice versa. As a school system we do things that i think are quite nice. For example , every christmas our Art class goes to local small businesses in town and paints the windows. The schools Hon. Spanish 4 class goes to the elementary school and teaches the kids basic Spanish. The community is involved with the school. Every year for the main football game theres a bonfire as a "warming up" for football players. Its a pretty close communituy. I also like that Bowdon does hold on to a fee traditions. Something I would like to see change is for the school to acknowledge serious problems. For example, most schoolshold some kind of bullying assemply or mental health assembly. In all 4 years that I have been here we have only had one person talk to us about mental health. I think its a serious issue among teens and should be adressed.
While it is a small school it offers many opportunities to brighten anyone's future as well as give back to the community! I would not have wanted to go to any other school.
Overall, I had an average experience at BHS. I would consider BHS to be a place where people felt safe. There were hardly any issues with violence or threats being made to the school, unlike other schools near us. The teachers were excellent teachers, although some teachers were more tuned into the kids than others.