Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Bourbon County High School is a public school located in Paris, KY. It has 806 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Bourbon County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+246 Students
- B-206 Students
- B-157 Students
- C+102 Students
- A-86 Students
- B-83 Students
- B+75 Students
- B70 Students
- B-69 Students
- B+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Football games32%
- Marching band competition held annually32%
- Basketball games21%
- clubs, teams, school play11%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Bourbon County High School
- C+Harrison County High School
- Harrison County Public Schools, KY
- 111 reviews
- B-George Rogers Clark High School
- Clark County Public Schools, KY
- 205 reviews
- B+Scott County High School
- Scott County Public Schools, KY
- 310 reviews
- BNicholas County High School
- Nicholas County Public Schools, KY
- 17 reviews
Bourbon County High School Reviews
My experience at Bourbon County High School has been competent. The teachers seem to love their job and want to help the students succeed. I've learned a lot not only in the classroom, but on the field too! I've learned the importance of leadership and communication and I've applied those skills to my everyday life. The only change that I would like to see at my school is the recognition in sports. My school cares about all sports, but focuses on basketball and boy sports more. I would love to see more excitement about girls sports at my school.
I felt like there were only six people AT MOST that cared about me in that building. When I would confront administrators about creative problem solving for my personal education, they refused to hear me out. Prior to this, I was harassed by one of my teachers Sophomore year. When I finally gained the courage to speak up, I was ignored. The more you make the school look good and the less attention you need, the more you are celebrated. After all of that, I am happy to say that I will be shifting to home based schooling. See ya never you sad stack of bricks!
Bourbon High schools is an average school in kentucky. The kids are okay, bullying isn't that common, but sexual harassment is pretty rampant. Administrators don't handle sexual harassment properly. The band is good. The science department is phenomenal, with two great teachers in charge of it. The lower-level classes could be improved. But otherwise it's a nice place to go to high school!