Boston Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+263 Students
- A227 Students
- A+193 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Boston Latin School Reviews
Review Boston Latin School
A lot of the academics are great! I know when I have certain teachers that I will be doing well. I have the opportunity for electives starting in junior year and the opportunity for AP classes starting in sophomore year. The workload is a lot but as long as you manage your time really well you should be able to finish your homework at night, even with extracurriculars. The scheduling process is now online so that makes it really easy to sign up for classes. We don't really have popular classes, we have popular teachers.
Although the work is rigorous and can be extremely tough at times, BLS provides you with so many resources and strategies to help you overcome any obstacle in order to achieve your goals. The school is highly reputable and attending exceeds your chances to be accepted into more selective colleges. There are so many clubs that host events that bring students, parents, and faculty together; these events prove how diverse the school truly is and show how connected the student body is. The school is surrounded by many hospitals, a fire station, and a police station is nearby, so if anything unfortunate were to happen, help would arrive quickly. Teachers? Some are amazing, some are awful. It's up to luck who you have as a teacher but you always have people to help when you're struggling. Or someone else is also struggling so you can struggle together. Overall, the lack of sleep and the overwhelming weight of stress is worth it.
Graduating in a few months, I look back at my Boston Latin School career to realize that this institute has helped me immensely in my educational journey. The variety of AP classes available along with its college preparatory design means a heavy workload; although stressful, it is a definite plus for university since you'll be years ahead of everyone else when it comes to academics. For the first two years of high school, class schedules are strictly set as students take mandatory courses; junior and senior year, electives allow students to explore their own interests (AP Biology for future doctors or AP Economics for financial analysts). During my career in BLS, I never had any conflicts with teachers as they were all eager to convey the information they had to the class. In general, BLS is an ideal place for the years of development in a child's life and it lives up to its title as a prestigious educational institute.