Boston Latin School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Boston, MA. It has 2,439 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Boston Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+416 Students
- A409 Students
- A+278 Students
- A+276 Students
- A+212 Students
- A+148 Students
- B+135 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+116 Students
- B+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 124 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Boston Latin School Reviews
Boston Latin School was a great place to challenge myself and to discover the potential inside of me. Although some teachers were tough, I believe it helped me develop myself into a person who readily accepts hard work no matter the circumstance. My favorite part of Boston Latin School is the in-school clubs and events that take place. It is a fantastic chance for people like me to showcase my work and also to learn more about the diversity of the school. Overall, it is an excellent place for both learning and having fun!
Life Changing but hard! I honestly would not be who I am without this school. It has taught me how to be a responsible, organized, and motivated student. It has taught me how to over come various academic obstacles and non academic obstacles, such as sleep. The school is extremely rigorous, but if you put the time and effort into the classes you take, it is manageable.
The environment is very toxic, stressful, and depressing. Some teachers are very good while others just shouldn't be teachers and don't seem to care at all about their students. There is also an extreme lack of support and empathy for students with mental illness. Not to mention the food sucks and tastes like plastic. I got sick from under cooked chicken they served me there. The building is also filthy. It's like there aren't even janitors. I can't remember the last time the dinning hall tables were cleaned. And the bathrooms are basically falling apart. Overall, just a bad school.