Boston Latin School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Boston, MA. It has 2,403 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Boston Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+438 Students
- A426 Students
- A+290 Students
- A+287 Students
- A+232 Students
- A+158 Students
- B144 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+121 Students
- B+91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 145 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Boston Latin School Reviews
Overall, BLS was a great experience for me. I've met so many talented students and teachers, who have all taught me to be a better citizen and contribute to society. Also, yes, there's some serious competition within the school, but if you're academically driven and are ready to put in the effort to get through, it's a wonderful place to be!
Boston Latin School was a great place to challenge myself and to discover the potential inside of me. Although some teachers were tough, I believe it helped me develop myself into a person who readily accepts hard work no matter the circumstance. My favorite part of Boston Latin School is the in-school clubs and events that take place. It is a fantastic chance for people like me to showcase my work and also to learn more about the diversity of the school. Overall, it is an excellent place for both learning and having fun!
Boston Latin School is a challenging school, however it really prepares it students for college. The school has rigorous classes that get students in the mindset to help them succeed in college. Things I would change about Boston Latin School is that I would create more systems that would benefit the student's wellbeing. Students at Boston Latin School are some of the most stressed students in the country and if students were able to have opportunities and extra homework help I believe the students would be able to learn to the best of their abilities.