Boston Latin Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+186 Students
- A+176 Students
- A167 Students
- B132 Students
- A+112 Students
- B+84 Students
- B78 Students
- C67 Students
- B66 Students
- A+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 120 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Boston Latin Academy Reviews
Review Boston Latin Academy
6 amazing, but crazy years at BLA! It went by fast, but I enjoyed all the things. The school itself is really one of a kind, and the diversity really makes you feel at ease, no matter who you are, and let's you connect with people from different backgrounds. It lets us have cool events like Multicultural Night, and Caribbean culture. The school itself it really close and intimate, and lots of teachers have true relationships with students. There are lots of great in-class resources, and a variety of classes and languages to choose from. It truly a great experience to come if you go to BLA!
The school is large and kids tend to get lost in the shuffle. The teachers (most of them) do not let you know if your child is failing. I had the 1st teacher call me and tell me my child was having problems in his Junior year there and he's now a Senior. That particular teacher was the exception, very nice and he cared about my son. Personally, I think they could do a better job. The teachers are rude and arrogant to the parents as well. My son complains about the cafeteria food being being bad and the milk is sour! Terrible.
It's pretty great except some students are troublemakers and hinder my maximum learning potential. The teachers are very helpful, they truly care about the student's doing well and learning the material. the honor and AP classes are so fun but are very vigorous. Definitely a great school to thrive in!