Boston Arts Academy is an above average, public, magnet, alternative school located in Boston, MA. It has 469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Boston Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+66 Students
- A58 Students
- B54 Students
- B44 Students
- C+42 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- B37 Students
- B+34 Students
- C34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Boston Arts Academy Reviews
Boston Arts Academy is the first and only public high school dedicated to visual and performing arts in Boston Massachusetts! This amazing school is providing college-preparatory arts and academic education, and producing extraordinary artists-scholars-citizens from a very diverse student body! I LOVE THIS.
As the only public arts school in Boston, my high school experience is something you wouldn't call "average". Our school days/ schedules were very different than a lot of other schools. Yes we have academic classes, and no we don't study our art all day. We just have very different curriculums. At BAA I spent a lot of time contributing to the school and the community because our school values giving back. I wouldn't trade my experience for another one, even though it wasn't perfect, it still was something to remember.
What I love about Boston Arts Academy is the diversity. As an arts an school, I beleive that teachers should take time to acknowledge the competition kids put amongst eachother. It makes kids feel as if they are not good enough and want to stop doing their art. However, the staff is great and really seem to care about their students!