Boston Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+45 Students
- A36 Students
- B34 Students
- A-32 Students
- B30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+25 Students
- C+25 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Boston Arts Academy Reviews
What I love about Boston Arts Academy is the diversity. As an arts an school, I beleive that teachers should take time to acknowledge the competition kids put amongst eachother. It makes kids feel as if they are not good enough and want to stop doing their art. However, the staff is great and really seem to care about their students!
Boston Arts Academy offers a rigorous curriculum, both in terms of both artistry and academics. The school has a tight-knit community, and many of the graduates of this school, from my experience, have become very well rounded individuals in their respective communities. This, however, does not make the school perfect. For example, the school is very liberal, so any students of a differing political philosophy will likely be shunned at this school. Along with this, there are many other issues such as poor food in the cafeteria or the lack of sports programs. These issues, however, are likely not too relevant to a student who wants a rigorous arts education, and I still highly recommend the school in spite of the issues it has.
I love Boston Arts Academy. We have an individualized curriculum, and it makes it incredibly easy to learn about the art you want to pursue, and the school day is set up so we get the best mix of academic and artistic classes possible. However, our facilities are terrible. We don't have an auditorium, we barely have any classrooms on the first floor, and there isn't enough space in the cafeteria for the whole school. Most of our bathrooms don't have locking doors, and our water fountains have lead in the pipes. However, this is not the school and it is the fault of the City of Boston. The experience at Boston Arts Academy far outweighs the bad location.