Boonville High School is a public school located in Boonville, IN. It has 903 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Boonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B131 Students
- A75 Students
- A-56 Students
- B-54 Students
- B53 Students
- B+48 Students
- A+46 Students
- C-23 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Boonville High School
- A-Castle High School
- Warrick County School Corporation, IN
- 343 reviews
- C+South Spencer High School
- South Spencer County School Corporation, IN
- 102 reviews
- A-Heritage Hills High School
- North Spencer County School Corporation, IN
- 116 reviews
- B-Central High School
- Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, IN
- 145 reviews
Boonville High School Reviews
Boonville High School has a great student body, and gives students multiple chances to get involved with the school through sport and clubs, along with offering seniors information about upcoming scholarships, after high school opportunities, and SAT/ACT dates and preparations. Along with this, the band and choir programs have achieved some incredible things for such a small school. And, most of the teachers at Boonville High School generally care more about what is learned rather than the grade from the class. However, these teachers can be hit or miss, as some teachers are much too lenient in their coursework to the point of the class being wasted time in the school day, or give too much homework and is too quickly paced, overloading a student.
My overall experience has been great! I have some of the most incredible teachers that have truly inspired me. This school is the reason I plan to become a teacher! However, I really believe that diversity is what makes a community great, and unfortunately Boonville High School lacks in that area.
I have enjoyed my 4 years at Boonville High School. I am involved with the Band, Theatre and Choir, so I think the music and arts department are the best! The administration is very concerned with the student's safety which I also appreciate. Most of the teachers go out of their way for the students and are willing to meet with you if you need extra help.