Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade D minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Boone High School is a public school located in Boone, IA. It has 648 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Boone High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A160 Students
- grade A102 Students
- grade B minus99 Students
- grade B+85 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade B minus20 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responses
- Football games27%
- After Prom14%
- The Orchestra Concerts9%
- Academic Team5%
- Speech Team5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,593 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Boone High School
- grade BWoodward-Granger High School
- Woodward-Granger Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade B+Ogden High School
- Ogden Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.14 out of 5 14 reviews
- grade AGilbert High School
- Gilbert Community School District, IA
- Rating 4 out of 5 129 reviews
- grade BMadrid High School
- Madrid Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 14 reviews
Boone High School Reviews
Rating 3.35 out of 5 85 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I enjoyed the compassion that teachers gave to students. When they saw students frustrated and struggling; when they were really trying hard, they weren't passive to reach out and give special instruction. What I would change - Be more reluctant to allow test re-takes! There were many times I witnessed classmates laughing at their grade on a test & shrugging shoulders with 'Oh well, I can re-take and study this time' attitudes. That doesn't prepare students for college. Sometimes, caring too much is detrimental.
Boone High School is a great school considering the town it is placed in. You get an average education, and there are great opportunities with the DMACC dual-enrollment classes, which allows you to go into college having upwards of 40 credits. However, if you plan on going to a private or prestigious school I recommend taking the advanced placement courses as they will better prepare you for the rigor you will face in college.
My experience at Boone has gone exceedingly well. I am thankful for all of the support that I have received from several teachers throughout the district. Many teachers are willing to help you until you understand to help you get to where you need to be. I think that the teachers have made the greatest impact on my time there because they are open minded and dedicated to their work.