Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Booker T. Washington High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 679 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Booker T. Washington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B156 Students
- C101 Students
- C+98 Students
- A+97 Students
- B-92 Students
- C+82 Students
- B-74 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+71 Students
- B+70 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Booker T. Washington High School Reviews
Overall going to this historic school has left me with great memories, though it is near downtown Atlanta and is being affected because of the change in the neighborhood, there is no shortage of amazing teachers that will help you fulfill anything you have your mind set to. The teachers and counselors are eager to help students who want to go to college and are just as eager to provide alternatives to those students who may think college is not right for them. This school also has an amazing dual enrollment program to either Georgis State, Clark Atlanta University, or Atlanta Metro. In these schools students are challenged by balancing high school work and college work, and many students never shy away from the challenge.
I love the passion the teachers and administrators have to push us to succeed. My school is an amazing historical monument that i take great pride in. We have great organizations such as FBLA, HOSA, FCCLA, and SGA. I am currently the president of my local FBLA chapter. Also our student government plays an important role in student life. The student government listen to our demands and talks to the principle and meet our negotiations. As the president of Fbla I am constantly informing my peers Fbla is a driven organization that produces leaders in the future.
My experience at The Booker T Washington High School of Atlanta GA, has taught me to look at life from a different perspective. The staff of the building were generous and made sure the history of our school stayed alive. As an Alumni of this school, I would love to see a modern change on how certain things are operated in the school. students don't get the chance to live through their own generations because certain things are still about tradition from decades ago. i wish to see this changes in the future so my former classmates and teachers can enjoy the same experience i have at Booker T Washington High School.