Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Booker High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sarasota, FL. It has 1,285 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Booker High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A341 Students
- A327 Students
- A+309 Students
- A289 Students
- C-210 Students
- A+192 Students
- A-154 Students
- B152 Students
- B+144 Students
- B140 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Booker High School Reviews
I am a current 10th grader at Booker High. Coming to Booker High as a sophomore, I thought it wouldn't be diverse because of the location. As weeks came in at the school, I was completely wrong. At Booker, there are so many programs to enter and extra-curricular activities to do that it makes life at school better. The teachers are always involved to help their students focus on their work, but they also build a relationship to where it helps the student stay on task. Booker High is all about "College Readiness"! My principal is absolutely caring and passionate about 100% of students that attend Booker High will graduate "College and Career Ready". Outside of academics, Booker has an outstanding VPA groups that include: dance, theater, band and many more. Along with that, Booker high has well known sports teams. The Booker High School Tornadoes are very passionate about their sports and give their best efforts to achieve their dreams. I wouldn't dream of going to any other school.
Booker High has an amazing environment and staff. Everyday is new and exiting, whether it is with a flash mob from the dance department or a dance off with the school mascot. The staff are amazing and always really to help someone. They have an wonderful VPA program for people interested in the arts. Our principal makes sure everyone feels safe at school. This is a great school for anyone wanting to do a performing art or sport, they are extremely inclusive. A huge point for this school is making sure every student is 100% college or career ready by the time they graduate and they even have a Research room for students to go and find scholarships or internships for them!
Booker High School is a clean and beautiful campus, with principal of the year, and so much more. Booker prides itself on a lot of things. One being a completely diverse school with one third black, one third white, and a one third Hispanic student body, students from all over the world attend our school. We also have the 2017's Principal of the year, Dr. Rachel Shelly whose motto and is known by every single student at the school, "100% of Booker High students will be college and career ready" We also have a beautiful campus and our custodial staff just recently was given the white glove award again after keeping our modern campus sparkling. The school's biggest attraction by far though is our curriculum. We are a preforming arts high school with departments such as musical theater, dance, music, art, and many more making national news and headliners with our top notch production value. Booker is a wonderful, diverse, high achieving school and any child would be lucky to attend.