Bonham High School is a public school located in Bonham, TX. It has 493 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Bonham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-142 Students
- B122 Students
- A+105 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-63 Students
- B+60 Students
- A57 Students
- A51 Students
- B+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Bonham High School
- BHoney Grove High School
- Honey Grove Independent School District, TX
- 31 reviews
- B-Leonard High School
- Leonard Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- B+Wolfe City High School
- Wolfe City Independent School District, TX
- 39 reviews
- B+Trenton High School
- Trenton Independent School District, TX
- 64 reviews
Bonham High School Reviews
I like the size of our school, having less students allows the classes to be smaller making learning much easier for me. We have good teacher who care about our education and really want to see our knowledge expand. Starting freshman year was scary here because our old school was two story's something I wasn't use to. Luckily we have amazing staff that helped guide us along to make sure we got in time for our classes. We had a huge library that helped students who wanted a quite place to study get their work done. These past 4 years have been amazing, i'm happy to say I got to graduate with the help and support from all the teachers here and the studying I did. We have a class dedicated for seniors that helps us get prepared for college and make sure we have gotten everything we need done including things like ACT, SAT, scholarships and our knowledge on important terms we will need in the future. My experience here at Bonham High School has been the best both physically and mentally.
My experience overall at Bonham High School has been fairly good. I have grown up in Bonham, so I have always looked forward to being in high school here. My first two years, our school was one of the oldest in Texas, so in the winter time it was very cold in the school and in the summer time it got really hot, because our heater and AC did not work. My junior and senior year however, has been a lot better, because we got a new school and our girl sports have been doing pretty good. I think the teachers are getting better and are really trying to help the kids more than they have in the past. Bonham is growing everyday and is getting better overall.
It was overall good for such a small school. Teachers are a hit or miss. Most of my teachers were excellent, but there are a few incompetent teachers you will no doubt come across in the four years of attending. I really wish they'd supply more money to the arts department. Absolutely no money goes to the theater and any expenses are pulled right out of the teacher's pocket or come from what we can scrape up. Also, the people are mostly okay, but there is quite a bit of drama, as to be expected when you're school is composed of hicks and wannabe hood. If you're in advanced classes, however, you should be able to avoid most of that and make some great friends.