Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Bolton High School is an above average, public school located in Bolton, CT. It has 260 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Bolton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A84 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade C+23 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade B+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Sports Games31%
- The Semi Formal every Fall31%
- Going Home15%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,961 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Bolton High School
- grade A minusRocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 141 reviews
- grade B+East Hampton High School
- East Hampton School District, CT
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 76 reviews
- grade B+Cromwell High School
- Cromwell School District, CT
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade AE.O. Smith High School
- Public School
- Storrs, CT
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 263 reviews
Bolton High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 86 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love the faculty and students at Bolton High School. They're all very friendly and extremely supportive, Bolton is a small town so it's a very tight knit community within the school. The school has students from three different towns, Bolton, Columbia, and Hartford. It's a school where everyone knows everyone and we all mostly grew up together so we're all friends with each other. Bolton High School is a blue ribbon school, and there's a lot of academic support between teachers and students. The teachers are dedicated and help every student to the best of their ability. Bolton High School offers honors and Advanced Placement classes to fit every student's learning style and class preference. We have a wide variety of sports teams with amazing coaches, and the students interact with and volunteer to help citizens in the community. I can't imagine going anywhere else than Bolton High School, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. My experience at this school has been truly amazing.
Bolton High School is a close environment where I have been able to connect with many of my teachers and develop relationships with them that I will keep in years to come. I am involved in both my school's band and drama programs along with a large amount of student population. Even though these programs at our school are so well liked and attended, we do not have an auditorium for our many performances. As a member of many sport teams throughout my high school experience I have been exposed to how our athletic facilities are not maintained and updated. Another issue I have become aware of while attending Bolton High School is the lack of communication my school has. As a senior, I am still not fully aware of which graduation requirements I have and have not met. Many times students will go to our administrators and ask for a report on their graduation requirements, however the administrators will always tell us that they will be giving them out soon and never end up doing that.
I have only been attending Bolton High School for 2 years, but in these 2 years I have grown a lot in academic education. Since Bolton is a very small school and there are only 70 students in my grade I was able to connect with my teachers and receive help whenever I needed it. Another thing that is great about Bolton is that whenever you try out for a sport there are most likely not going to be any cuts so you'll make it! This keeps students self-esteem high and helps them stay fit. However, my school does not have enough school spirit, and I would like to see that grow. There are also a lot of cliques in Bolton, which prevent everyone from being friends and sometimes causes bullying. Overall, I am very grateful to have attended Bolton High and will miss it.