Bolton High School is an above average, public school located in Bolton, CT. It has 307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Bolton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A66 Students
- B37 Students
- B22 Students
- B-20 Students
- B18 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-16 Students
- A11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Bolton High School
- A-Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 118 reviews
- A-East Hampton High School
- East Hampton School District, CT
- 68 reviews
- B+Cromwell High School
- Cromwell School District, CT
- 54 reviews
- A-E. O. Smith High School
- Regional School District No. 19, CT
- 236 reviews
Bolton High School Reviews
I have only been attending Bolton High School for 2 years, but in these 2 years I have grown a lot in academic education. Since Bolton is a very small school and there are only 70 students in my grade I was able to connect with my teachers and receive help whenever I needed it. Another thing that is great about Bolton is that whenever you try out for a sport there are most likely not going to be any cuts so you'll make it! This keeps students self-esteem high and helps them stay fit. However, my school does not have enough school spirit, and I would like to see that grow. There are also a lot of cliques in Bolton, which prevent everyone from being friends and sometimes causes bullying. Overall, I am very grateful to have attended Bolton High and will miss it.
Bolton High School was a school that only cared about how much money a family had of a child who went to the school. Living in such a small town all my life and having to deal with the same people was not such a bad thing but, the school system made it very hard for everyone to succeed. Most teachers (besides the teachers in the English wing) at the high school normally would not be able to conform to teaching at a different school simply because of the social norms that are allowed there. This school is not somewhere to bring you children if you are not upper middle class.
Teachers are very helpful and go out of their way for students. Needs to be more diverse that should have more students from different regions going to the school. More open choice students . No not breakfast in the morning which is terrible. We, as students should be able to eat hot food in the morning that the school she provide.