Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Bolivar High School is an above average, public school located in Bolivar, MO. It has 806 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Bolivar High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B132 Students
- C+75 Students
- A-65 Students
- B53 Students
- C+49 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+26 Students
- C24 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Bolivar High School
- C+Pleasant Hope High School
- Pleasant Hope R-VI School District, MO
- 18 reviews
- C+Walnut Grove High School
- Walnut Grove R-V School District, MO
- 11 reviews
- B-Buffalo High School
- Dallas County R-I School District, MO
- 31 reviews
- BMarion C. Early High School
- Marion C. Early R-V School District, MO
- 13 reviews
Bolivar High School Reviews
I love BHS! For the most part the people here are nice and the atmosphere is very supportive. More importantly, we have a staff who is committed to helping us succeed in college (if we choose that) and life. Although the opportunities are slightly limited in a small school district, there are very few schools I would choose over Bolivar High School.
I love my school! The teachers are absolutely great and care so much about the students and teaching. Also we have the best the programs, from music to sports and everything inbetween!
Bolivar has a lot of great opportunities for students to achieve, from the dual credit options to a wide variety of classes. There is hardly any diversity outside of socioeconomic status, and this leads to a bit of a close-minded community. Many of the teachers are outstanding in terms of their enthusiasm and care for students. Sports are definitely prioritized, but other programs are strong and beneficial for students as well.