Bogalusa High School is a public school located in Bogalusa, LA. It has 696 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Bogalusa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B78 Students
- A-72 Students
- C+66 Students
- B+61 Students
- C+40 Students
- B40 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Bogalusa High School
Bogalusa High School Reviews
My experience at Bogalusa High School was like none other. The environment is very different it is not your average school. It is not a number one school, the behavior is not number either. Through all of this you learn to adapt and work through the many distractions. Even though we are not a number one school I appreciate the many lessons Bogalusa High School has taught me. I’ve learned to work hard and not just depend on teachers to put you through. I’ve learned to focus in loud and different environments. I believe these conditions will help excel in college being able to adapt is the key and attending Bogalusa High School I’ve learned to do just that.
Bogalusa High School is a high school of the Bogalusa City Schools located in Bogalusa, Louisiana. My school provided learning opportunities for all students to succeed regardless of race, creed or age. Bogalusa prepare you for college or career readiness. One thing I love about my school it offers so many different programs academically (dual enrollment class) as most schools charge the students to enrolled but Bogalusa High a School offer those courses free to students . I had the opportunity to enrolled in several college courses as well as helps parents who have several children's who is not able to afford the fee. The school offers several extra curriculum Bogalusa is an accredited school of Louisiana State Department Of Education. Most of the teachers is highly certified to teach. We have a great parents involvement.Our school counselor is available to provide students resources. Overall, I have enjoyed my four years at Bogalusa High School.
Overall, my experience at Bogalusa High School was very interesting. Some of the teachers actually cared about their students' education. They would stay after school for anyone who needed tutoring. On the other hand, the administration was not so pleasant. They cared more about the students' dress code than their academics. Though the administration isn't that great, the school offers plenty of clubs and sports that benefits its students.