Bob Jones High School is a top rated, public school located in Madison, AL. It has 1,778 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Bob Jones High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A351 Students
- A319 Students
- A-287 Students
- A-280 Students
- B175 Students
- B143 Students
- A+115 Students
- A-110 Students
- B-109 Students
- B69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 150 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Bob Jones High School Reviews
When I attempt to describe my experience at Bob Jones High School, I fell short of words. Being a BJ Patriot is what I can say with my utmost pride. My school is one of such rarest institutions that are the perfect combination of excelling academics and athletics along with supporting and encouraging teachers who guide students to pursue their goals and these activities without exhausting themselves. The thing which I like about my school is that it offers a variety of interesting classes to its students to choose from and that can be understood deeply by students through the practical approach taken by teachers. It also has ample co-curricular clubs which allow almost every student to interact with people who share similar interests. The only thing that I hate about my school is that it does not provide a large catalog of dishes in its cafeteria!
I loved my experience at Bob Jones! There are very few things that I would change, but if I were to make some changes, it would most definitely be integration between different types of people with different backgrounds. Inclusion of all types is a necessity to the success of a school, and I feel that there is definitely a gap in terms of students interacting with each other outside of their chosen friend groups.
Bob Jones has certainly prepared me for success in the future! The school offers many courses that are diverse in the interests of each student and provides a challenge to those who desire it. The school excels in academics, athletics, and the arts and is highly diverse in extracurriculars. The schedule of four classes per semester is one of my favorite parts of the school because it allows more focus on each subject.