Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Bob Jones High School is a top rated, public school located in Madison, AL. It has 1,812 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Bob Jones High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A403 Students
- A365 Students
- A-331 Students
- A-318 Students
- B192 Students
- B162 Students
- B-131 Students
- A-131 Students
- A+124 Students
- B81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.70 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Bob Jones High School Reviews
I would say that Bob Jones helped make way a great future for me! There I was able to take AP and Pre-AP classes to get ahead and actually challenge myself. Those classes were useful and gave me the jump when it came to excelling in University classes. Also, the career counselor who was there at the time I was, aided me greatly! Without her, I likely wouldn't have known about various opportunities.
When I attempt to describe my experience at Bob Jones High School, I fell short of words. Being a BJ Patriot is what I can say with my utmost pride. My school is one of such rarest institutions that are the perfect combination of excelling academics and athletics along with supporting and encouraging teachers who guide students to pursue their goals and these activities without exhausting themselves. The thing which I like about my school is that it offers a variety of interesting classes to its students to choose from and that can be understood deeply by students through the practical approach taken by teachers. It also has ample co-curricular clubs which allow almost every student to interact with people who share similar interests. The only thing that I hate about my school is that it does not provide a large catalog of dishes in its cafeteria!
I really like the variety of courses and extracurriculars at Bob Jones! There’s a ton of AP courses and STEM electives. I also really enjoy the “team spirit” of Bob Jones, especially for football. The rivalry between Bob Jones and James Clemons is alive and well! I would prefer to have a bit smaller class sizes, as I have been in core classes with 30+ students.