Boardman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Youngstown, OH. It has 1,288 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Boardman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-312 Students
- B158 Students
- A+154 Students
- A-102 Students
- B-92 Students
- A-73 Students
- B56 Students
- B53 Students
- A44 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Boardman High School
- BUnion Area High School
- Union Area School District, PA
- 50 reviews
- BHubbard High School
- Hubbard Exempted Village School District, OH
- 121 reviews
- BFitch High School
- Austintown Local School District, OH
- 195 reviews
- B+Neshannock Junior/Senior High School
- Neshannock Township School District, PA
- 99 reviews
Boardman High School Reviews
Boardman High School is a great learning space in a safe location. Most teachers there push you to be the best you can be and are alongside you helping in anyway possible. I’ve made some amazing bonds with teachers and students at Boardman and have kept in touch with them since graduating just a few years ago. The school added some great new additions during my last year, including new J-touches for almost every classroom and the new and improved Spartan football stadium. The stadium is something you’ll be hearing about a lot at Boardman as football is a sport they value tremendously. Go Spartans!
I loved the the diversity of my high school. There are always tons of new people to meet and new faces to see. You can experience new cultures and discover new friends. Overall, Boardman High School has an amazing “Fine Arts” program. Our bands, orchestras and choirs are all incredible and are full of unique talent. All of the directors push their students. We have a drama guild that performs two or three plays a year! They are incredible talented and provide a great show for the public. The final major benefit is the variety of extracurricular clubs and activities. Boardman High School has over 50 clubs, giving students the opportunity to find a group of people that are very relatable to themselves and have similar interests that the individual does. Some of the downsides to Boardman is the very prominent use of drugs and alcohol illegally.
The teachers are very active in and out of the classroom. They're very opened minded, and usually are very useful and helpful when asked for help. Everyone has their certain opinions, and certain people can only learn a certain way. Sometimes I can see that teachers can become a little judgmental, Which cam affect some processes in the classroom. With changes being made in the school very often, it can become hard to adjust too for some. Overall, I can say I've had a very knowledgeable education. I've learned how to participate and ask questions and I think I have made good relationships with many of the staff.They are truly wonderful people!