B.M.C. Durfee High School is an above average, public school located in Fall River, MA. It has 2,123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
B.M.C. Durfee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-201 Students
- A193 Students
- C152 Students
- A+150 Students
- C+124 Students
- B111 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+84 Students
- B73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like B.M.C. Durfee High School
- NGResiliency Preparatory School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- BTaunton High School
- Taunton Public Schools, MA
- 289 reviews
- B+Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 59 reviews
- BCranston High School East
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 215 reviews
B.M.C. Durfee High School Reviews
While I enjoyed the involvement of certain teachers and the support they give, the administration could use work. The guidance counselors are difficult to approach and create more problems when you try to solve them. In my case, I wanted to be an intern at our 2D Art Studio and I was told I was unable to and it took my teacher having to tell her that I was able to for her to give in. Another example is scheduling. Some guidance counselors will listen to you and allow you to work with them to change it while others make the process difficult by telling you you can't. It's like double standards. Also when students have issues with students, the school does little to nothing to resolve the problem. Overall, everyone seems to be on different pages and make certain things difficult to achieve.
As a student at B.M.C. Durfee High School for almost four years now, I am able to say that overall, Durfee is a school that is well versed in many areas. Academically, Durfee has multiple achievements, including being part of the National Honors Society as well as holding students of high standards to advanced placement classes and programs. The opportunities are endless. Outside of academics, Durfee has a variety of extracurricular activities, such as clubs, arts, study abroad opportunities, volunteer opportunities, and sports. The only problem you will have is finding enough time in the day to do it all. However, even with the struggles you may have, it is important to remember, the staff is always there for you. Staff, even past work hours are always willing and are quick to answer any and every question you have as they value your education as much as you do. Along with the abundance of resources, you can look too, there is no stopping you here, at B.M.C. Durfee High School.
The teachers are amazing but the students and the building reflect the surrounding area. The current building is falling apart at the seems, water leaking in and puddling in the same spots every rainstorm, ducktape on the stairs acting as an adhesive and as a marker so students and faculty can see where one step ends and the next one begins, there is only one central elevator for students with disabilities and one more that runs between two floors in the west main entrance of the school. The building reflects when it was built and there was a failure to maintain it. Student behavior is another factor in the building, as some do not know how to properly conduct their behavior and it results in a fight breaking out at least once every week. Other than that, I love Durfee High School and the opportuinities it has granted me and my peers.